Forum Home Forum Home > Buying, Selling or Trading > Auction Listings / Classified Ads/ Jeeps for Sale Sightings!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Some more 2A items up on Ebay

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uglyjeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Some more 2A items up on Ebay
    Posted: 19 Jan. 2007 at 12:02am
Hi everyone,
In case anyone is interested I tossed some more parts on ebay to help finance the jeeps we're working on...

You can check out my list here:
westforkboyd View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote westforkboyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan. 2007 at 9:38am
Thank you for the link Daniel, Couple things I've been looking for there. Those stupid wing bolts are like gold. I've been tempted to bid on entire brackets just for those wing bolts! I'll see how it goes.
Richard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan. 2007 at 11:07am
wondering if you would have the under dash bracket for the emergency brake handle.  It extends from the handle hole in dash to the firewall.
Richard Brown
1947 2A
1948 3A Agri-Jeep
http://jbrown40.myphotoalbum.com
uglyjeep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uglyjeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan. 2007 at 12:49am
We found a lot of stuff cleaning out the garage so I added more to the list tonight, and there will be more throughout the week as well, spring cleaning came early this year! 
Thanks again,
Daniel
uglyjeep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uglyjeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan. 2007 at 12:50am
Originally posted by Richard Richard wrote:

wondering if you would have the under dash bracket for the emergency brake handle.  It extends from the handle hole in dash to the firewall.
Sorry, that was one item I did not have, I'll keep my eyes open for one though.
sean View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan. 2007 at 11:38am
What number is stamped on the carburetor mating flange?

Sean
uglyjeep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uglyjeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan. 2007 at 2:30pm
1-458 is stamped on the cast steel piece that bolts to the manifold, is that the location you were wondering about?
sean View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan. 2007 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by uglyjeep uglyjeep wrote:

1-458 is stamped on the cast steel piece that bolts to the manifold, is that the location you were wondering about?
I-458 is the throttle body casting number, used on at least 3 different carbs.

The bottom of the flange has another number stamped into it, to identify which of the 3:

Sean

Edited by sean - 02 Feb. 2010 at 12:24am
uglyjeep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uglyjeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan. 2007 at 11:21pm
Sean, it is a 505 stamped on the bottom like in your picture.  I never noticed that those numbers were down there.  Can you tell me what those codes mean as far as applications go?  I'd love to have that info for future use!  I'd appreciate it.

Daniel
sean View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan. 2007 at 12:01am
Daniel:

Sure:
  • 200 - Carter WO model 450S/SA  (pre-war)
  • 229 - Carter WO model 507S/SA  (pre-war)
  • 407 - Carter WO model 539S & 698S  (MB/GPW)
  • 458 - Carter WO model 596S  (CJ2A)
  • 505 - Carter WO models 636S (CJ2A) & 636SA (CJ2A & 3A)
Sean

rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan. 2007 at 11:03am
That's some really good info....I never knew that either.
'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
westforkboyd View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote westforkboyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan. 2007 at 11:37pm
Well Daniel I tried but not $107.50 worth! Good Lord! I can see where ebay is a great place for financing other projects. I'll keep looking. Guess it would be worth buying the entire brackets. It's just so hard for me to believe..... Four wing bolts LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL.
uglyjeep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uglyjeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan. 2007 at 11:59pm
Ummm, yes I am rather flabbergasted myself!?! 

But you are right about ebay being a way to keep projects alive.  A deal was made between my wife and I that we would sell the extra unneeded parts from the latest 2A we just bought to justify it's purchase...and to replace our house taxes money that we used to buy the new 2A!Embarrassed  It looks like we'll be able to keep the new jeep around for the little one to enjoy!
 Post Reply Post Reply