Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedFall Colors Tours 2015! - Event Date: 21 Sep. 2015 - 27 Sep. 2015

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 42>
Author

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug. 2015 at 1:37am
Mike, what do you think of Hancock pass? As I recall there is a old train tunnel at the end of the run. It might be more than others want to do, just throwing it out there. There is also Grizzly lake, a couple of pretty rough rock ledges to climb and some loose stuff, again maybe more than the group would want to tackle, especially with our group size. Antero, maybe down the back side some or up near where they were filming..Heck I dunno!! you always do well, it`s your show you tell me.LOL

Dennis
43 Ford GPW "AWOL"
48-52 CJ Series Bubba Jeep
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug. 2015 at 2:31am
We've done Princeton 2 years in a row. Let's do Antero, Lumpy' Summit, Hancock Pass (but all the way this time), and most importantly, Chinaman's Gultch
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
Dmac View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug. 2015 at 2:52am
Chinaman's Gultch.. I left that off my list on purpose Wink but that's one I`d really like to do!
43 Ford GPW "AWOL"
48-52 CJ Series Bubba Jeep
Katiedid View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug. 2015 at 3:18pm
I'm game for anything as long as someone explains to my husband how I fell off the mountain.  Pictures will be helpful. 
Katiedid
48 CJ2A Waltzing Matilda
m38mike View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug. 2015 at 4:02pm
I think Antero is on the list, North Fork Reservoir is a new one, 4-mile area is always fun, Aspen Ridge will be our Friday ride.  I'll go look at Hancock pass for damage.  We've had a lot of roads wash out this year because of the heavy snow and constant rain.  I'll check Chinaman's Gulch as well. 

Here is part of the trail going up Aspen Ridge from Ruby Mountain.  I've never seen water flowing in this channel like this before.  

M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
52 M38 Blue Mule, 51 M100 Blue Mule Tale
52 XM38EV1 Electro-Willys, 52 M100 Juice Box
Bruce W View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug. 2015 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by jpet jpet wrote:

We've done Princeton 2 years in a row. Let's do Antero, Lumpy' Summit, Hancock Pass (but all the way this time), and most importantly, Chinaman's Gultch

True about Princeton. I think all the rest you mentioned would be new to me except Hancock. Unless I've been there and didn't know the name.
I'm sure we'll have a good time wherever we go! BW
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
Lee MN View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug. 2015 at 3:45am
Originally posted by jpet jpet wrote:

Interesting! ....... Steps will be removed before trip, LOL....... Kate, if your steeringwheel is tight, your not falling off the mountain .

Lee
               LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
“If you wait, you only get older”
67 M715
American Made Rolling History
Rick G View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug. 2015 at 4:52am
Hello Mike,
I'm Rick G and fairly new to the page. I've been reading and viewing the 2014 FCT thread and found this current one and am very excited about it. I spoke to the wife and she is game to give this a try. Is there room for one more flattie and a spot on the Ranch for another tent? I would love to come and do the week with everyone.

Rick
1947 CJ2a #119929    "Gus"
1951 CJ3a #451-GB1-24268   “Newt”

My Videos
tumbleweed View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug. 2015 at 9:51am
Hey Rick
Looks like there will be at least 3 or 4 Texans going this year. I'm looking forward to any trails that Mike sets up. I have been following the FCT for a few years and have never been disappointed with the fantastic pictures that come back. This will be my 1st year to attend and I have been planning this one for 2 years now I finally have my rig 95% ready. Just got it painted and almost back together. My wife will also be attending all week

See you in Colorado!
Oilleaker1 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug. 2015 at 12:15pm
Looks like a glacier melted Mike! You may need to buy more land to park everyone that's coming. All newcomers: bring a dust bandana. You'll thank me for this tip. Wink John
Green Disease, Jeeps, Old Iron!
RICKG View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug. 2015 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by Rick G Rick G wrote:

I'm Rick G and fairly new to the page.
Rick

Well now we have a Rick G and a RICKG. Welcome to the asylum! See ya at the FCT! 
I never met a mule I didn't like!
MC51986 "OD MULE" DOD 01-52
'50 CJ3A "Bucksnort".
Keep 'em Rollin'
Rick G View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug. 2015 at 3:52pm
Thanks, for the welcome everyone, and thanks for the bandana tip!

I'm excited! I finally get to be with others of my "kind".

My Videos
m38mike View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug. 2015 at 4:08pm
Well I can see I'm going to have to mow more lawn for camping and more field for parking trailers! 

Lee, if you have to remove your steps before driving these trails, well, we will have to talk about your driving skills.  Ouch 

Rick G, welcome to the FCT!  I'm sure you and your wife will have a great time riding with us.  We have quite a few wives ride along.  And sometimes they get to drive! 

Tumbleweed, I believe this year may see the largest group from Texas we've ever had. 

Oilleaker offers good advice for all who are coming:  Bring bandana's for dust control!  Our roads are either gravel or dirt and after a dry month, when you get two dozen jeeps driving by there will be lots of dust raised.  You will appreciate having a bandana to cover your face so you aren't breathing dust.  Here is our Roving Reporter, jpet, and his son Mike sporting their fashionable faceware.

M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
m38mike View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug. 2015 at 4:32pm
On the topic of camping, I have a 16x16 foot wall tent that I will set up as a bunk house for those who would like to use it.  I will put up 6 cots inside, and it will have a propane stove for heat.  This is what it looks like.

It has screens and windows for ventilation and light.  So for those of you who are travelling light, and would like to stay at the Thirsty Dirt Ranch, let me know if you want me to reserve a cot for you. 
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
Rick G View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug. 2015 at 4:44pm
Thanks for the hospitality Mike. I'll be bringing our own tent, but do I need to bring my outdoor toilet/shower for our lavatory needs? I'm not too concerned about this requirement, but it was one of my wife's first questions.

My Videos
RICKG View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug. 2015 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by m38mike m38mike wrote:

Rick G, welcome to the FCT!  I'm sure you and your wife will have a great time riding with us.  We have quite a few wives ride along.  And sometimes they get to drive! 

Sadly, Mike, Annie wont be along on this trip as our mule team is already scheduled for an event that week, no worries she can handle the team just fine by herself-(heck she makes me look like an amateur teamster).. I'll be without adult supervision..LOL 
I never met a mule I didn't like!
MC51986 "OD MULE" DOD 01-52
'50 CJ3A "Bucksnort".
Keep 'em Rollin'
m38mike View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug. 2015 at 5:57pm
Rick G, We open up our home to everyone at the FCT.  Tell your wife that we have two full bathrooms with showers open to all our guests, 24/7.  You need to bring your own towel and soap.  I have a great well, and a huge septic system so everyone can be taken care of.  I'd prefer not to have portable outhouses set up so they will not attract rodents.  My cats are great mousers, but they go into hiding when this crowd begins to appear.  On the trails, we will have a "honey bucket" just for the ladies to take care of business. 

RICKG, Sorry to hear that Annie will not be along.  Also sorry to hear you aren't the teamster that she is.  Maybe one day you'll get there! Wink LOL  (note to self, need to find female boss for RICKG for the week) LOL
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
P8106jr View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug. 2015 at 8:14pm
Rick G  what part of the state of Texas do you live in?  For any Texans joining the trip this year for the first time, I will be pulling out of Houston Saturday 19th early. Plan on eating lunch in Fort Worth and spending the night in Dumas.  Dumas is about 6 hours from the Thirsty Dirty Ranch.  In Dumas there is a nice Hampton in with reasonable room rates.   My wife and son will be joining us Wednesday night for Thursday and Friday ride.   Planning on staying in Trinidad CO  Saturday night at the Holiday Inn and driving back to the Dallas area on Sunday.

Camp Powers has new tent this year!  I will do my best to keep my pop up shade from flying around this year!
Jamie Powers

Houston TX

1963 CJ3

Bantam T3-C Year unknown

www.haflatfenders.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 42>