Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Your Jeep Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

'46CJ2A upstate NY

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KMSFNP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb. 2015 at 3:18am
Progress report 2-25-15. 
I'm getting ready for a roof installation.  Not sure if it will be a canvass half-roof or a full roof, but either way I don't think I'll have side curtains or doors for the type of driving in my future. I'll be using only the front bows and windshield support for the roof.  On the front of my windshield I have the 10 holes for the turn-buttons to attach the roof. I'd like to order a half roof and the turn buttons from Beachwood Canvass, but I'd like it to work when it arrives.  My question; take a look at the holes.  They appear to be threaded but what do you think is going to happen when I try to screw in the new turn buttons?  I assume I can tap these for new threads, but then the turn buttons might not fit correctly.  Anyone else encountered this?  Any suggestions or tips?  Here's the photos.

Edited by KMSFNP - 26 Feb. 2015 at 3:41am
KMSFNP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KMSFNP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar. 2015 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by HelderbergJeep HelderbergJeep wrote:

Guys, that car show would be fun keep me in the loop. Also my boss at my second job, the president of the Albany Rods & Customs. They are the club that puts the Adirondack Nationals show in Lake George the weekend after labor day. He was telling me yesterday funny enough that they are taking a bus out to the Norwich Museum in about a month! I will probably just ride with them, but KMSFNP if you wanted to meet us out there let me know.
Zach

Zach, Albany Rods and customs is on the "Group Board" at the museum for a visit this Sunday.  I signed up to be guide. Hopefully I'll see you there.  I will have a name tag on - Joe A

KMSFNP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KMSFNP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar. 2015 at 10:43pm
Update for 3/18/15
The spare tire/wheel has been painted and attached to the vintage spare tire mount.  The thickness of the steel of the rear body area was something I have never seen on a vehicle.  The tub sides are incredibly thick.  I also measured and marked the location for the rear roof bow holder.  That still needs to be painted, then attached.  And lastly, I have removed the timing chain cover (yes, chain) and will be installing a vintage, with button, cover tomorrow.

Edited by KMSFNP - 01 Apr. 2015 at 12:42pm
KMSFNP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KMSFNP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr. 2015 at 12:50pm
I need help finding the tail light lens retaining spring.  I thought I found a source at http://www.restorationspecialties.com/  and that didn't pan out.  Then I looked at the same type retaining spring inside a Unity Spotlight, close, but didn't work.  Does anyone have a source for these?
Thanks!

This Willys is an early civilian and should have only one tail light and a passenger side reflector, but it has two vintage NACO glass lens tail lights.  I believe this upgrade to two tail lights happened for safety reasons a long time ago, judging by the evidence I found.
KMSFNP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KMSFNP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2015 at 11:55am
We've had some pretty nice weather in Upstate NY for the past few days, so the Jeep came out for a shake down drive.  Still a few minor things need attention, but overall I'm happy.  I've had it off road and on the highway and both the Jeep and I like it better off road. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12