Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Draw of it All

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scoutpilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar. 2015 at 8:35pm
"Green Disease"; Presents with an insatiable desire to acquire and possess, work and fret over certain 1/4 ton trucks known as MB, GPW, GPA, M38, M38A1 and others.

"Jeep Disease" ; Presents with an insatiable desire to acquire and possess, work and fret over certain 1/4 ton trucks known as CJ, Agri-Jeep, CJ2A, CJ3A, CJ5, and others. This chronic condition has been known to includes symptoms of "Green Disease" in worst case patients.

These chronic diseases have no known cure.
Speedy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar. 2015 at 9:11pm
so.... were all helpless 

glade im not one of them....... :P right? not in denial 
- Mike
47 CJ2A - Warn OD, Ramsey PT1-J/Koenig 100,Arctic top,Dana 44 30 spline full float with disc's,Dana 30 with discs, 2.5 lift, Saginaw power steering, dual master cylinder
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar. 2015 at 3:56am
Scoutpilot hit it pretty well, but both "Jeep Disease" and "Green Disease" can morph into the other, and it's quite possible (likely) to have both. And "Green Disease" can grow to include 3/4T, 1-1/4T, 2T and 2-1/2T trucks, even 5T and bigger! Not to mention Half-Tracks, Shermans, Weasels, Snow Tractors, Kubelwagens, it goes on, and on, and......Shocked    BW
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
Adrian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adrian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar. 2015 at 4:24am
Agree totally Bruce, just spent the afternoon with some OD paint touching up the GMC before a big air show here next weekend.

I started with a Jeep and since I started on the restoration there has been a number of diversions....now let me think....3 Landrovers, a J20, three tractors, a Bell Logger, and the GMC.

The Keepers were the CJ-2A and the GMC, The LRs all went, sorry to see the J20 go but it and a 1952 LR paid for the GMC...

So I sort of have it under controlLOL....but a few days ago found a 1935 Pontiac hiding in a shedWink

Its NOT Green...
1946 CJ-2A Column Change 14605
1973 Saab 96
Oilleaker1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar. 2015 at 11:43am
It's very important to introduce family into the fold! Last night I put "Bugsy" ('44 GPW) in the shop so he could bond and leak oil with his new friends. I'm sure they told him to not be scared that Oilly would take good care of him. Today will be a better day.  This is the best Disease I've had that is not cureable. When you work hard, and are tired, just wait. When you are "re-tired" it gets better. you have more time to work on your friends.  Enjoy them. John
Green Disease, Jeeps, Old Iron!
Frank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar. 2015 at 4:05pm
Hello,

My name is Frank, I am a jeep a holic. It all started back in the 50's with the Roy Roger's TV Show. It was Nellybelle that was my first love.

Twenty years later, I bought my first jeep and had no knowledge about the different models of jeeps. In my mind, the jeep I bought was Nellybelle, but of course it wasn't even close. After the purchase, I started to drive the jeep home, the jeep changed lanes, and I hadn't turned the steering wheel. The pucker factor went immediately past the red line along with intense sweating. Very slowly, I took the back roads home and somehow made it without destroying the community or the people, only my own self inflicted ego was damaged.

From that time, I have been a jeep addict. In the forty plus years, I have found no cure and at this point of my life, I hope I never do. It has been one Hell of a ride, I wouldn't have missed the mistakes I made, the squandered funds or the experiences for anything. It has been my own self inflicted therapy and it has gotten me this far in life.

It has been both a curse and a blessing, but more often than not, it has put a smile on my face when I am behind the wheel putting down the road,

Frank
wheelie View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wheelie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar. 2015 at 5:08pm
 I believe there is a certain percentage of us for whom the disease is hereditary. Many I have spoken with, on this very subject, had a father who owned a JEEP at one time or another. Or drove a JEEP in the military. My father did both. He owned a surplus GPW right after returning home from the war, traded IT on a new 1947 2A, traded that on a '51 Willys truck. That was the end of his JEEP history but, I am convinced that the gene was passed on to me as I have been infatuated with them since I was a child. 

Therefore, as I have explained to my wife, I am helpless in the matter. I can only try to treat the symptoms and control the effects of the disease though, we have nothing which really helps. It's a condition which we simply must live with.
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr. 2015 at 1:14am
More infectious to me are the places my Willys has taken me to and the people I have met because of him.
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12