Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

No hub pullers in paradise

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p3ferris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar. 2015 at 11:32am
I was there for 2 weeks just messing around.  I found the  flea market at the stadium, Peral harbor, golf coarse,the cemetary on the volcano...beautiful view from there, cheaper stores to buy from, hamburger joints by the zoo, walmart, etc.  There was a tornado the first time ever there when I was there....brought it from Nebraska Big smile.  I saw where a lot of bums lived...off the tourist beaten path.  Half way thought of buying a rental property there. I could not remember the name of the  buffet behind outback.  Nice place to visit.  The houses  are way too close together for me.  Let us know how you fare out.  Aloha.
Ed
cj2a lefty
blademaker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blademaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar. 2015 at 6:01pm
Something I did when I first owned my jeep, way back before internet, this great site...and lack of knowledge. First off let me say my axle was bent..wheel wobbled bad..so I figured I had nothing to lose. Assuming your jeep runs and drives. I loosened the axle nut just a bit and drove in tight circles, I have a big yard, closely monitoring the rear wheel. It broke free...driveway was close..   Do I recommend this, probably not, Would I try it on my good axle now...? Think I'd try a puller first. Sorry...disregard everything I just said

Craig
Frans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr. 2015 at 7:52am

Frans
Smithfield, South Africa
Tel 0794317256
Frans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr. 2015 at 7:56am

Frans
Smithfield, South Africa
Tel 0794317256
Frans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr. 2015 at 8:02am
Easy to make your own hub puller. You take a piece of steel plate- I think mine is 6mm thick. 
Cut a hole in the middle- I think mine was 2 inches diameter. 
Cut 5 holes for the wheel studs. 
Weld a piece of pipe ( I think it was 2 inch diameter) on the center hole. 
Get a big bolt and nut and weld the nut on the piece of pipe.
I also welded a cross bar (pipe) on the bolt and a piece of pipe on the side of the plate to put a handle in.
Hope it helps.
Frans
Smithfield, South Africa
Tel 0794317256
Speedy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr. 2015 at 1:45pm
my hub puller was made by the PO.  it was a old rim they cut the center out of. 
welded a huge nut for the huge bolt to push onto the axle.   simple and works great.
I have pictures somewhere. ill dig.
- Mike
47 CJ2A - Warn OD, Ramsey PT1-J/Koenig 100,Arctic top,Dana 44 30 spline full float with disc's,Dana 30 with discs, 2.5 lift, Saginaw power steering, dual master cylinder
Tin Badge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tin Badge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr. 2015 at 7:19am
If you do find or make one be sure to leave the nut on the axel a turn or two because when it goes it will sometime have enough pressure/force built up to break bones or even cause death. so take care. the nut will keep it from happening.
Family Motto "If its not broken lets take it apart and lose some of the pieces and then it will be"
scuba82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scuba82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr. 2015 at 9:17am
Thanks guys! Acquiring the materials and should be making some progress on it this weekend! Will do with the nut, don't want to put do any damage to myself of the garage!
scuba82
Lemield View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lemield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr. 2015 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by scuba82 scuba82 wrote:

Thanks guys! Acquiring the materials and should be making some progress on it this weekend! Will do with the nut, don't want to put do any damage to myself of the garage!

If you can't get something working, I would be happy to send mine out to you via USPS flat rate shipping...you can use it and ship it back...PM me your address if you want to do that. :)
Larry

1949 CJ2A "Little Stinky Green" Kubota Diesel Powered
1970 Chevy C20 454 "Big Red"
1971 Chevy K20 6.2 Diesel "Pumpkin Wagon"
2001 Mercedes CLK320
2003 Cadillac Seville
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12