Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Possible treasure ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldwillys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Possible treasure ?
    Posted: 02 Aug. 2015 at 1:20am
Me and the wife were sitting on our deck a couple hours ago when a man and woman pulled into our driveway on a 4 wheeler.He said he had noticed a couple of my 46's in the drive,and wanted to know if I would be interested in another flatty,of course I would.He said his father -in- law has a 1942,or a 1945 jeep he may want to sell.He said it has been buried in the back of a barn for 20 years,and the motor had been rebuilt before storing it.
   I'm going next week to look at it,I'm hoping for a ford!
52 M38 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 52 M38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug. 2015 at 1:50am
Crossing my fingers for you.  Could be very awesome.
Oldwillys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldwillys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug. 2015 at 4:04pm
Me and number one son went and looked at the possible treasure yesterday,needless to say,it wasn't the ford I was hoping for.What we found was a 47,buried deep in the back of a barn,minus a windshield frame.The body is iffy,and it is stuck in gear.It was pretty dark in the barn,so a real good inspection was out of the question,I'm waiting to hear from the owner what he wants for it.
bretto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bretto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug. 2015 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by Oldwillys Oldwillys wrote:

and the motor had been rebuilt before storing it.

That isn't worth anything without any paper work to back it up.  Sounds like a possible under $1k Jeep to me.
Oldwillys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldwillys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug. 2015 at 6:57pm
It has a clear title according to the owner.
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug. 2015 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by Oldwillys Oldwillys wrote:

It has a clear title according to the owner.

I'd check that out very carefully, too. BW
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
Oldwillys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldwillys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug. 2015 at 12:00am
Haha! I never put much stock in anything that old,I'm pretty sure it will end up a parts jeep if I buy it.
Tom in RI View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom in RI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug. 2015 at 5:45pm
So what did buried in the back of the barn turn out to be? Buried in the dirt outside? Or buried inside under carefully applied tarps?
Oldwillys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldwillys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug. 2015 at 1:57am
Originally posted by Tom in RI Tom in RI wrote:

So what did buried in the back of the barn turn out to be? Buried in the dirt outside? Or buried inside under carefully applied tarps?

It was buried beneath a ton of dirt and old wood flooring.The engine was covered with a tarp under the hood,pretty rusted and beat up,a parts jeep most likely.
 Post Reply Post Reply