Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Install bestop soft top cab

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jgeo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Install bestop soft top cab
    Posted: 02 Aug. 2015 at 2:37am
I have a 1946 CJ2a which I just bought a bestop soft top to install. The dealer said they could not install it because the measurement from the top of the window to the rear of the body was 4 inches longer then required. They suggested taking the jeep to a body shop to have the windshield modified to shorten this distance. Has anyone dealt with this before or have any suggestions?
PhillipM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhillipM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug. 2015 at 4:21am
Are you sure you have a 2A windshield frame?  4" seems like a lot, mine was off about 2.5", I think.

I had to bend the curved part of my windshield frame, I forget how I did it, probably a cheater pipe. 

A pic showing the angle would be helpful.
"90% of all carburetor problems are electrical"
BrianJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug. 2015 at 5:25pm
Brian Jenkins

1946 CJ2A - SN: 12275
 Post Reply Post Reply