Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Going price on CJ2 parts?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Austin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Going price on CJ2 parts?
    Posted: 28 Aug. 2015 at 10:07pm
So I've been itching for a new project and found a local guy with a tub, fenders, hood, windshield, and frame.  He said there might be more.  I'm thinking about hacking it up and buggying it which I realize from reading some other posts on here are swear words lol.  But what's a reasonable price for stuff, its not perfect but its not junk either. 
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug. 2015 at 3:37am
Probably not the best description you could give to get prices.....pretty vague.

Pictures would do you more good for what you are asking.

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
Mark W. View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug. 2015 at 3:42am
Ah if he's selling the stuff why are you setting the price? or are you hoping to get an idea if what he wants is to much.
Chug A Lug
1948 2A Body Customized
1949 3A W/S
1957 CJ5 Frame Modified
Late 50's 134L 9.25"clutch T90A D18 (1.25") D44/30 flanged E-Locker D25 5.38 Since 1962
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug. 2015 at 4:03am
  If they really are "CJ2" parts, they are worth a LOT!! They are like hen's teeth! But then, I guess we can't expect you to know that......Wink
  Now, on the other hand, if they are "CJ2-A" parts, that's a different story.  My Daddy said, "If both guys walk away from a deal smiling, the price was right".Smile 

Honest guys, I'm only being about halfway sarcastic here. There may truly be a CJ2 or two left out there somewhere. How else are we going to find them?Big smile    BW
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
Mhovey46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mhovey46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug. 2015 at 4:13am
Originally posted by Bruce W Bruce W wrote:

If they really are "CJ2" parts, they are worth a LOT!!

You beat me to itLOL
-Matt

Nick_ View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug. 2015 at 7:25am
Originally posted by Bruce W Bruce W wrote:

If they really are "CJ2" parts, they are worth a LOT!! They are like hen's teeth! But then, I guess we can't expect you to know that......Wink
  Now, on the other hand, if they are "CJ2-A" parts, that's a different story.  My Daddy said, "If both guys walk away from a deal smiling, the price was right".Smile 

Honest guys, I'm only being about halfway sarcastic here. There may truly be a CJ2 or two left out there somewhere. How else are we going to find them?Big smile    BW

There's a guy on g503 that has at least four of them, it's crazy.
scoutpilot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scoutpilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug. 2015 at 10:01am
Records indicate that there were only 45 CJ-2 (Agri-Jeep prototypes) produced. Rare indeed. Pictures are worth a thousand words. Appraisals based on vague descriptions are worthless. 
Austin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Austin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug. 2015 at 2:13pm
I'll try to snap some pictures tonight.  I know in the past he was asking $1000 for everything but I'm not sure if that's a reasonable deal or not. 
gearwrencher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gearwrencher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug. 2015 at 9:51pm
Austin ,Sounds like you are kinda new jeep guy . most likely its  CJ-2-A stuff,  still worth good money , if not rusted up or heavily modified as most are. 1K may be a good deal 
Jerry
Austin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Austin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep. 2015 at 12:42am
So update! Im not a new jeep guy, just new to old jeeps ;-) my daily driver is a 05 rubicon with a 4 inch lomg arm n lots of other goodies :') I just want to get into a project of sn oldie but still keep it a driver. Theres a 46 2a tub , solid but 1 patch under the rear center with a new fuel tank then 2a fenders, 2a tailgate, 2a hood and grill all of which are rust free. A 2a windshield with minor rust and no glass. A full exhaust from motor back. A FORD grill hood and fenders with no rust. A mb windshield with glass n hand wipers with no rust. The stick 2a rear ends and wheels. A box of random stuff including steering wheel, gauges, drive shafts and other random stuff. The only crappy thing is no title.

Edited by Austin - 03 Sep. 2015 at 12:44am
scoutpilot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scoutpilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep. 2015 at 1:06am
You've stumbled onto a seldom trod path. One where you learn how it all goes together while your taking the title-less jeep apart to sell it part by part. Low-ball the price and negotiate from there. Buy it and part it out. You could probably add some liquidity to your budget for a unit that is easier to title in PA. You could also have spare parts for a less than sterling jeep you may run across. Just my two cents.
 Post Reply Post Reply