Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Colorado Fall Color Tours 2016! - Event Date: 18 Sep. 2016 - 24 Sep. 2016

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 37>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Colorado Fall Color Tours 2016!
    Posted: 12 Jan. 2016 at 6:46pm
Welcome to the 2016 Colorado Flat Fender Club's Fall Colors Tours!!

This year's tours will happen between September 18 and 24 at the Thirsty Dirt Ranch, just a little up wind of the sleepy burg of Nathrop, Colorado. 

What do all these folks have in common?

They know how to talk JEEP at the end of a long day's trail riding! 
Will you join them this year?  We hope so!
Nancy and I would like to invite everyone to join us for this year's tours. 

We are looking to make some changes this year.  The big change will be the offering of two tours a day instead of just one.  I've recruited a pair of great trailmasters to help me guide tours.  We will offer some more "adventurous" tours for those with stout hearts and "durable" jeeps.  We will still offer a great lineup of enjoyable rides thru the mountains and forests each day.  This summer we'll post a schedule of rides so folks can decide which tour they want to take each day they are here. 

The next big change is that we will be offering Boonie-style hats with the FCT logo for those who prefer a full brim hat to ward off the high-elevation sun.   We are still trying to determine which one we'll go with, the one-size-fits-most with the adjustable brow strap, or buy a selection of small-medium-large-xl hats to have on hand.  The boonie hat will not have a year label, so it will be the same for the next few years at least.  We will still have the ball caps, with the year brand, as we have in the past.  This year we'll honor our recently departed friend, SamCJ2A on the cap. 

We're also increasing our facilities at Thirsty Dirt Ranch to accomodate more camping at our base of operations.  And we're beginning planning for a new permanent jeep shed out behind the shop. 

So there are some big changes, and some little ones too, for this - the 10th year of Colorado Fall Colors Tours.  We hope you'll join us for the fun, the comraderie, the beautiful mountain scenery, and the opportunity to really use your jeep in the rugged Colorado Rockies! 

And be sure to see Lee's dynamic video of our Fall Colors Fun at the top of page 2!!

Edited by m38mike - 19 Jan. 2016 at 6:26pm
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
52 M38 Blue Mule, 51 M100 Blue Mule Tale
52 XM38EV1 Electro-Willys, 52 M100 Juice Box
tumbleweed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tumbleweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan. 2016 at 7:28pm
Mike and Nancy,

Glad to hear from you and really excited to see the dates fall into place. Sounds like a great plan and we all look forward to more news from ya'll.

Marking my calander!!!!!!!!Smile
49 CJ3A - Smokey
53 Willys Wagon - Wylie
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan. 2016 at 12:02am
  Mike, Let me be the first to say, "I WILL BE THERE"!!!, the Good Lord willin' an' the crick don't rise. And if the crick does rise, it's gonna have to rise a helluva lot to stop me! There, howd'ya like that? LOL  Bruce
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
Tiny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan. 2016 at 1:03am
Oh yea I will be there. like Bruce said it is gonna take a lot of water to keep me home.
     Tiny
48CJ2A
Tiny
Rick G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan. 2016 at 1:15am
Count me in!
1947 CJ2a #119929    "Gus"
1951 CJ3a #451-GB1-24268   “Newt”

My Videos
Dmac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan. 2016 at 1:32am
Alice and I will be there too, however her job schedule`s vacation time based on her shift which rotates so we will be in the area before and leave sooner than we would like to. We will secure a camp site at Chalk Creek and join in when FCT actually starts on the 18th and we will head home Thursday I believe. However we will be the area around the 14th, likely doing some trails and fishing, ya know just "vacationing". We wish it could be different but it`s just the way the city does it for dispatchers....
43 Ford GPW "AWOL"
48-52 CJ Series Bubba Jeep
64CJ5 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64CJ5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan. 2016 at 1:55am
Mike,  We are looking forward to another great FCT.  Ruthie and I are planning to attend.
64CJ5 "Eeyore"
01TJ "Tigger"
52 M38 Severely demilitarized, "Popeye" The Coast Guard Jeep.
14 JK "Jake"
To Trust Government Defys Both History and Reason.

PUBLIC LAND Owner/User
Fred Coldwell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred Coldwell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan. 2016 at 2:29am
Mike and Nancy:

Woo Hoo!  I'll be attending again this year with the Agrijeep, camping at the Thirsty Dirt Ranch in my 8' Alaskan.  I'm looking forward to some more Rocky Mountain High Adventures this Fall. Whiz Bang!  :)

Happy Jeep Trails,

Fred Coldwell
Denver, CO
1944 CJ2-09 - X-33
1945 CJ2-26 - X-50

Oilleaker1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan. 2016 at 2:42am
If I'm still here on earth, I'll be there with Carol and a WO carburated CJ instead of a vacuum operated M38. If you have 18 inches of manifold vacuum, and loose 1 inch of vacuum for every 1000 foot rise above sea level, Well, at 12,500 feet, you get what I'm saying. Wink I think the two tour idea will be fantastic. If you have been at your place before, and have been on some of the tours, this will enable us to choose a run we haven't been on. Pretty cool idea Mike! Bruce are you providing cookies and refreshments on your tours? LOL Looking forward to another great summer with all my friends! John
Green Disease, Jeeps, Old Iron!
bretto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bretto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan. 2016 at 12:44pm
Calendar has been marked
RickG, do we want to plan a caravan this go around? I'll be trailering my own this time.
Katiedid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katiedid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan. 2016 at 2:26pm
Yay!  Doin' the happy dance ...
Katiedid
48 CJ2A Waltzing Matilda
Joe Friday View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan. 2016 at 2:57pm
I plan to attend on my way back from Texas...

As usual, the earlier I know about any spare parts or supplies we may need, the more likely I can get them delivered in time.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.
RICKG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICKG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan. 2016 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by bretto bretto wrote:

Calendar has been marked
RickG, do we want to plan a caravan this go around? I'll be trailering my own this time.

Still looking into it. I'm committed to Hells Canyon Mule Days in Oregon Sept 8-11 this fall (my 5 yr old mule "Checkers" will be ready to win all the buckles and prize money)Thumbs Up Annie has spent every spare moment she has with training. 

I'll try like heck to get the week of the FCT off too.  Convoys are always good. You love having your own trailer dontcha! 
I never met a mule I didn't like!
MC51986 "OD MULE" DOD 01-52
'50 CJ3A "Bucksnort".
Keep 'em Rollin'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tumbleweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan. 2016 at 9:26pm
I know it may be early but if you are planning on a hotel stay or lodge, start looking now - There is an ATV tour about mid week (9-27 or 9-28) and some of the places are already booked. I was able to get back into Thunder lodge (stayed there last year).

Was that Bruce or Rick standing up wearing the boonie hat?

49 CJ3A - Smokey
53 Willys Wagon - Wylie
RICKG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICKG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan. 2016 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by tumbleweed tumbleweed wrote:

Was that Bruce or Rick standing up wearing the boonie hat?

It was me doin what I do best after a hard day of jeepin-workin on a cold barley pop!Beer
'50 CJ3A "Bucksnort".
Keep 'em Rollin'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tumbleweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan. 2016 at 9:41pm
I'm with ya brother!
I plan on setting up a camp kitchen so we can hang out with the group in the afternoon. I like the company at TDR!
I'm bringing more Shiner Bock this year!
Wish someone had some great homebrew!
49 CJ3A - Smokey
53 Willys Wagon - Wylie
RICKG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICKG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan. 2016 at 9:58pm
You gotta hang at the TDR in the PMs. You missed out on Uncle Rick's Mulekick! I'll be sure you get a cold bottle this year.
'50 CJ3A "Bucksnort".
Keep 'em Rollin'
gmcjr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmcjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan. 2016 at 4:08am
So many jeep meets..... So little time!! It's waaaay too early for us to commit to anything...... But, I'm still hoping!
Gary

51 CJ-3A
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 37>