Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Colorado Fall Color Tours 2016! - Event Date: 18 Sep. 2016 - 24 Sep. 2016

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 37>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeephawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep. 2016 at 10:38pm
Rhonda and I also would like to thank Mike and Nancy for putting on such a great jeeping experience. Everyone there was very cordial and helpful for some rookies on the Tour. Sorry our week was cut short, but life happens. Already looking forward to a full week of jeeping fun next year with our gold 3b😀 and new friends. Amazing amount of Willys knowledge on display from multiple sources . Great time on all fronts. Thanks to all.
54cj3b
55 pu
56cj5
Unkamonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep. 2016 at 12:35am
It looks like everybody had a great time and I should have been there.
It looks like jpet in a photo is under his Jeep fixing something. I know there are no shots of me under the hood of my 3B working on something... At least his hood wasn't up.
I talked to a friend in the Vail Valley and he said that the weather sucked there yesterday as well.
Nice today so people should have a nice drive home.

Monkey

uncamonkey
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep. 2016 at 12:35am
Originally posted by jpet jpet wrote:

more video:

Here's what happens to your licence plate when you try to stand your jeep on it tail like we did getting over this obstacle.

Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
Joe IA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe IA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep. 2016 at 12:55am
As some of you are aware Kate and I made a hasty departure on Thursday afternoon when we got the news that flooding in our area was going to be serious. We arrived home about suppertime on Friday, about an hour before they closed the roads leading to our neighborhood. The crest was a little lower than expected but our road was still used extensively for a boat ramp. We came 4 houses from owning lakefront property, it's good to live on high ground. The water is beginning to recede slowly now and a lot of cleanup is starting.

I just wanted to thank Mike and Nancy and all of the other great Willys people we meet at these events. You are all a friendly, helpful bunch of people. I hope to see you guys again in the future.

Joe
1948 CJ2A "Norm"
1967 M715 "Buttugly"
2014 Ram 3500
2019Jeep Grand Cherokee

Tiny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep. 2016 at 3:07am
Thanks Mike and Nancy for everything, it was a great time. I can't thank everyone that helped with my jeep enough. Next time I hope to have it right. Mike I will get a package together to bring down to you in the future. 
Tiny 
48CJ2A
Tiny

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep. 2016 at 3:34am
I looks like everybody had a good time. I just had to deal with, as it turned out to be 6 dogs, one of them skunked up.

Thanks for the pictures.
uncamonkey
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep. 2016 at 3:57am
Originally posted by Unkamonkey Unkamonkey wrote:

I looks like everybody had a good time. I just had to deal with, as it turned out to be 6 dogs, one of them skunked up.

Thanks for the pictures.

Winchester makes a solution for the problem!

Lee
               LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
“If you wait, you only get older”
67 M715
American Made Rolling History

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep. 2016 at 4:57am
There was a bit of a social squabble going on this evening and I had to call 911 twice . The third time I have ever had to do it. The screaming match went on for over an hour. I made the first call in when I heard a childs voice in the background. 3 policemen called to me from the dark of my neighbors yard. "Don't worry, I'm not packing" was my reply. So we talked. I'm not going to screw with them and they seemed to give the respect back even though I told them about the .45 in the house. (I didn't tell them about the other 21 guns). It is about 15 feet away so it wasn't even a question about who would come out ahead. It isn't even loaded and nothing in the magazine.
I best stop, I seem to have sent this thread off of the rails enough.  
uncamonkey
Corawithcamera View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corawithcamera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep. 2016 at 5:58am
Thank you Mike and Nancy and all who helped plan and lead and participated in the Fall Colors Tour. We enjoyed it incredibly!

I am trying to load all my photos at the following site:

https://goo.gl/photos/YWBBjKRKs5yQK5xf7  ( they are still loading so if they do not all come up yet just keep reloading.)

Just happened to come up with this photo of Ragan Simpich dressed for his part as an extra in The Incident Movie starring Walter Matthau. The jeep is one he restored in the 1980 era. The jeep got paid more than he did in the movie. 
Corawithcamera.blogspot.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep. 2016 at 6:33am
I'm sorry about my diversion to this thread but sometimes my mind gets onto something and I don't know where to sent it. It has a lack of adventure so it needs to find a home.
uncamonkey
Corawithcamera View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corawithcamera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep. 2016 at 7:51am
Corawithcamera.blogspot.com
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep. 2016 at 11:30am
Great photos Cora! .... and welcome to the forum!
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
Oilleaker1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep. 2016 at 1:12pm
As I sit here thinking of the wonderful time  Carol and I had, I see Mike sitting at his laptop in the lower community gathering center, having a cup of hot coffee. Thank You and Nancy for having us!!!!! The family of Jeepers is one of the best bunch of tallent and just good people I've ever had the priveledge to participate with. Simply the best. I thought I'd seen it all. Nope!!!!! The ride up Mount Antero was the highest, wildest ride I think I'll ever experience. Not rock crawling, but close. Watching the 40-50 MPH clouds blast past and looking down 100's of feet to the road you just traversed on was simply awesome. Reminded me of Mount Everest climbers only in a old flat fender. Ron, our guide, was a constant comfort with his descrition of what to expect and his front recon to keep us safe. Thanks Ron! I've done 3 FCT and this was simply the best. I don't think you could improve on it Mike! I look forward to more "Family Reunions" with you all and as Jpet says: I'm at your service!  Oilleaker , over and out! Wink
Green Disease, Jeeps, Old Iron!
stude-a-willys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stude-a-willys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep. 2016 at 2:59pm
Sincere thanks to Mike, Nancy, and everyone in the community that make the 2016 fall flatty color tour an enjoyable, challenging, and beautiful vacation. All of the photo/video documentation will keep me smiling during the upcoming "Jeep building season." I'll give the fall color tour 3 thumbs up (sometimes I'm all thumbs!)Thumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs Up

Studebaker re-powered CJ2a
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep. 2016 at 3:43pm
A few more photos from the Qwaaazy 8's run on Grizzly Lake Trail.  I've put some of these photos in a long composite video that I'm  uploading to youtube right now, but it's long enough that a lot ofyou won't want to watch it.  Here's the photos.

Here' we all are lined up at the end of the run to come down the gatekeeper obstacle.

Grampa's Jeep posing in front of an old cabin we passed. Probably a utility shed rather than a home, because the whole front side is open. No regular door.

All six jeeps posing near the lake at the top.

A gimps of Grizzly Lake through the trees.

Rick G contemplating dropping off the edge of the gatekeeper obstacle.

Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep. 2016 at 3:52pm
Driving home to Northern Utah I went up highway 24 through Leadville, then over the pass to Minturn where I caught I 70 west.   This is a pretty spectacular drive. I-70 is pretty great too. There was a little lake on the way to Minturn that looked cool so I took a couple of pictures there.

Turned around and took this shot from the same spot.

Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep. 2016 at 3:58pm
Ok the video finally uploaded.  This is a composite video mostly taken using a GoPro camera clamped onto my folded down windshield along with few clips taken with my Galaxy phone. I had almost 2 hours of video that I cut down to 24 minutes.  It seems that I am having more and more problems cutting stuff out. It was all so fun to me that I want to remember it all. I hope at least a few of you will enjoy it as well.

Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Fred Coldwell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred Coldwell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep. 2016 at 4:36pm
Many Thanks TongueTongue! to Mike and Nancy for organizing and hosting this wonderful flatfender jeeping event. Every year it gets better and better.  It's always to joy to see old friends again and meet new friends on the trail, at the Thirsty Dirt Ranch base camp and in Buena Vista over drinks and at dinner. 

For something freezingly different, here are some photos from Saturday's trip up Mount Antero:

The above photo shows we encountered snow while still in the trees on the lower portion of the trail.

Once we cleared tree line we found more light snow settled on the trail.

Here we are on the frosty junction near the top of Mt. Antero.  The wind gusted strongly at times, driving home the 20's temperature and causing us to bundle up tighter.  To be continued . . .

Happy Jeep Trails,

Fred Coldwell
Denver, CO
1944 CJ2-09 - X-33
1945 CJ2-26 - X-50

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 37>