Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2016 Fall Willys Reunion Aug 26-27 Columbia, MO
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2016 Fall Willys Reunion Aug 26-27 Columbia, MO

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug. 2016 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by birddog7 birddog7 wrote:

Jeff, What a cute couple in that neat looking lefty.
yeppers. And it even has license plates!

CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
birddog7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote birddog7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug. 2016 at 1:07am
Chad & Phylis, That is a very very very rare license plate. One of a kind. You need to hang that in your garage at home. You will be the talk of the town with that on your wall.   
No extra charge.
Birddog
1945 CJ2A
1956 CJ3B
1946 CJ2A
1948 CJ2A
1948 CJ3A
1946 Bantam Trailer
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug. 2016 at 6:15am
Thanks Tom for everything....making the necessary arrangements  and all. You'll be getting some mail soon.

Also thanks to Jeff for helping to 'fill in the blanks' of those same arrangements and giving an enjoyable presentation.

Fun trip this time and weather turned out about as well as it could have considering rain in the forecast for every day.

As so there you have it.....looks like Project 'Southpaw' is underway. Thumbs Up
'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug. 2016 at 12:40pm
"Project Southpaw" - (Rubicon or bust)
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
Doug Timme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug Timme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug. 2016 at 8:36pm
Another great reunion.  Good weather, good company, good venue.  Thank you to everyone who worked so hard to make it a success.  Oh, and this reunion had really good "trinkets"Big smile
Bill Norris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Norris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug. 2016 at 11:36am
I see Craig B. finally got the Polish FC bus thingy. Very cool.
Sorry I missed this one.

Bill
Holy Toledo! Jeep Calendars and the Dispatcher Jeep magazine

http://dispatchermagazine.com
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug. 2016 at 1:40pm
From what he was telling me it sounded like the expense was 'getting' it....the cost of the van itself was secondary to the whole situation. LOL

Cool story though and a very rare piece....one of maybe four?!

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
Bill Norris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Norris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug. 2016 at 2:12pm
Roc,

He was telling me about it at the spring reunion. When he was explaining the costs involved, Missy kept saying 'idiot.' Really funny...for me, her probably not so much.

Yeah, I think you are right, its one of four or something like that. I think the Swedes did the conversion and this one wound up in Poland if I remember right.

Bill
Holy Toledo! Jeep Calendars and the Dispatcher Jeep magazine

http://dispatchermagazine.com
Cheap Jeep (CJ) View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheap Jeep (CJ) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug. 2016 at 6:50pm
Lonnie and I had a great time seeing everyone and finally bringing his '46 out of the garage. This is the one we picked up in Patagonia,AZ about 5 years ago. Took a while to put it together....Everything was in boxes and pieces. We were resting in our room when group photo was taken. First time for Lonnie to miss being in it. Thank you Art, Darlene, Jeff and all the crew who worked diligently to make this another great fun show. Love you guys, Lonnie and Marilyn
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123