Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1947 CJ2A

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnnie23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1947 CJ2A
    Posted: 13 Apr. 2017 at 2:05pm
Hi all!

I have acquired a 1947 CJ2A that is in rough condition.  It has the original body/engine etc.  I am not looking to personally restore this vehicle, but with my lack of knowledge with this specific vehicle I am looking for some direction on what I can do to fix up/sell as is.  I can provide pictures if requested.  Any input would be greatly appreciated!
1948willysjeeper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1948willysjeeper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr. 2017 at 10:15pm
Yes, send us some pictures. A picture is worth a thousand words. It's your jeep, you can do with it any way you like. If you bought it cheap, than you could "flip it". Old jeeps require someone special to love em. I have to say that I have met a lot of GREAT people while playing with these old jeeps.
cpt logger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpt logger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr. 2017 at 10:25pm
X2 On what Brian said.

If you can get the engine to run & the rig to drive, you will get more money.

I would concentrate on getting the engine running fairly well. If it smokes, that is not a big deal, at least the buyer knows that the bottom end is good.

Cleaning it up is probably in order. Pressure washing it would be good. BUT be sure to clean out all of the nuts, bolts, odd pieces of metal, switches, & weird stuff that you have no idea what they are, before you pressure wash the rig. Who knows, that odd little dohinky thing that you are about to throw out may be what some one needs to finish their project. They may be willing to pay top dollar for it as everyone else has thrown theirs out & you have the only one know to exist. 

Do not throw out any rusty panels or old seat covers at this time. We need pictures to be able to determine what is trash & what is not. Keep everything at this point. It is amazing what some folks are in need of. Some folks on this site can make parts using scrap pieces as patterns. Do not throw stuff out Willy-Nilly.

Be sure to visit the "Items for Sale", & the "Wanted To Buy", as well as the "TradingPost" sections of this page. That will give you an idea of what some things are worth.

Back to the pictures, First there is no such thing as too many pictures! Second, We need one each of the Willys from the front, rear, each side, dash board, (maybe two or three), the shift levers, and four or five of the engine bay. It would be helpful to get a few of the bottome of the tub (body), & a few of the axles.

IHTH, Cpt Logger.

PS. If I have not mentioned it up post, at this time, keep everything!
Johnnie23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnnie23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr. 2017 at 2:12pm
Thanks for the input/suggestions!  I will start working on it.
Johnnie23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnnie23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr. 2017 at 5:46pm
This is all I have for right now... Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
leecarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leecarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr. 2017 at 12:02am
I don't see anything rough, that's a driver. I wish I had something half that good to start with, and I bet others on here will agree.
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr. 2017 at 1:30am
I wonder where that radiator came from.  Other than that, that Jeep doesn't look too shabby!  Okay, the clutch pedal is a bit funky, I'm sure it will need a few gaskets replaced and the wheel and kingpin bearings probably need a good look, but all in all, a pretty darn good Jeep.
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
Johnnie23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnnie23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr. 2017 at 2:24am
I am not personally interested in fixing it up but rather selling it as is.  I just dont even know where to begin to ask and definitely do not want to get low-balled because of my inexperience with this vehicle.
russnj View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote russnj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr. 2017 at 2:41am
Originally posted by Johnnie23 Johnnie23 wrote:

I am not personally interested in fixing it up but rather selling it as is.  I just dont even know where to begin to ask and definitely do not want to get low-balled because of my inexperience with this vehicle.

If your not sure, then sell it on ebay.

43 MB, 48 CJ2A, 50 CJ3A, 55 M38A1, 56 CJ5, 79 M151A2, M100 ,65 M416
 Post Reply Post Reply