Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rear seat clips - restoration

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harriet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rear seat clips - restoration
    Posted: 03 Sep. 2007 at 8:48pm
I know I've seen a thread about this, but can't find it in any search!
I have two rear seat clips - one is in really good nick - the other one has seized - can I get some advice on how best to restore it?
Thank you
Smile
46 CJ2A 14509

50 Jeepster
58 4WD Truck

My Link
I AM the understanding wife!
Anyone seen my marbles?
Always hoisted by my own petard!
bkreutz View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkreutz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep. 2007 at 10:25pm
Harriet,
    I took mine apart (both seized) and rebuilt them, I was only going for the look so I'm not sure how functional they are, if the housings aren't too rusty you can bend the tabs back and it will come apart, I replaced the rollers with some cut off bolts, the one thing I couldn't find was the flat springs that put pressure against the rollers, I ended up using some small diameter rubber hose behind the rollers, not sure how functional they would be in use but they seem to allow the rollers to move back and forth in the housing. maybe you can get lucky and find some flat springs, mine had turned to powder over the years. I've got a few pictures of these on my photo page. Hope this is helpful.
Gale

47 CJ2A 142857
47 Bantam T3-C 16271

Photo page http://bkreutz.smugmug.com/
Mike Gardner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Gardner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep. 2007 at 2:43am
i took mine apart asnd sold them to someone here. if i can remember who that was they could help. try pm sean.
1945 CJ-2A 11713
1995 YJ 4.0
Harriet View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harriet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep. 2007 at 7:39am
Thanks guys, Gale I think yours must have been in the thread I remember!
I will take it apart carefully, (now I know I can!) and look for some spring steel
 ................ I may even come across a rear seat sometime ....................
Wink
46 CJ2A 14509

50 Jeepster
58 4WD Truck

My Link
I AM the understanding wife!
Anyone seen my marbles?
Always hoisted by my own petard!
 Post Reply Post Reply