Forum Home Forum Home > Buying, Selling or Trading > Auction Listings / Classified Ads/ Jeeps for Sale Sightings!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PTO Drum

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Night0wl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PTO Drum
    Posted: 18 Nov. 2008 at 4:47pm
What can I say?  Wow! thats a lot of money for that piece.

Night0wl
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose" Jim Elliot
45 CJ-2A
My Project
hillbilly21 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hillbilly21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov. 2008 at 10:38pm
YOU THINK IT IS...???? ALOT OF MONEY  Exclamation

HELL OF ALOT CHEAPER THAN I WANT FOR MINE..BUT WE WONT GO THERE AS SOMEONE HERE ALREADY SAID I WANTED TOO MUCH FOR IT..

THESE THINGS ARENT LAYING AROUND AND BESIDES WHAT DO YOU THINK A FAIR PRICE FOR ONE IS   ????
1946 CJ2a POW-MIA
51 M38 ORIGINAL
PRES NCFFC
www.eastcoastwillys.org
hillbillystoys.phanfare.co
Night0wl View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Night0wl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov. 2008 at 12:52am
Well, I don't know what a fair price is.  I guess i didn't realize how rare these things are.  There is a "complete" PTO setup with the same drum pulley that is at $605 on e-bay right now.  Of course it has some time left and will probably go for alot more.  I guess I am still so new to the 2A and am amazed at how much stuff sells for on e-bay some times.  Like the keyed coil for example.  I know they are hard to find but it seems like some people pay alot of money for a part that may not even work.  I have one of these drum pulley setups right now myself.  I would have never guessed that just that part would sell for that much.  Again I guess I still have lots to learn about the 2A, not just what is correct for my Jeep, but what stuff sells for and what is a fair price for it.
Night0wl
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose" Jim Elliot
45 CJ-2A
My Project
48cj2a View Drop Down
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48cj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov. 2008 at 1:33am
I gave slightly more than that for mine.
Art C USAF (Retired)

47 CJ2A #134955 Project
48 CJ2A #206759
62 L6226 Station Wagon #58167 10900
45 T3-C #191 Project
http://www.bantamt3c.com
http://www.48cj2a.com
samcj2a View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samcj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov. 2008 at 2:04am
NightOwl - it is more than one piece.  It is the drum and the rear PTO gear box.  Yes, it's still a fair amount of money.
Sam

1946 CJ2A   15292 ACM    6678

1947 CJ2A 122031 ACM 111989

Are Glass Bowl Fuel Pumps OE?
lowenuf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lowenuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov. 2008 at 2:45am
almost as rare, and high priced as column shift parts when a person needs them, and can't find them  Wink

Hillbilly has a fair priced unit, i just don't have the extra funds at the moment...

and Art, again, had i had the funds, yours would be at my place you know Cry
45 #10012
45 #10033 ACM #47
45 #10163 ACM #188
57 CJ5    Dauntless V6, T-18 4-speed, D-44 rear/D-30 front, D-20 twin stick

tony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov. 2008 at 2:48am
GO TRY AND FIND ONE..............Lamp
Too many jeeps.....GOT JEEP ?
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov. 2008 at 2:51am
Originally posted by Night0wl Night0wl wrote:

Again I guess I still have lots to learn about the 2A, not just what is correct for my Jeep, but what stuff sells for and what is a fair price for it.

Generally it's about bragging rights and how much you will pay for that kind of thing.....just an opinion.
'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
tony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov. 2008 at 2:59am
Originally posted by rocnroll rocnroll wrote:

Again I guess I still have lots to learn about the 2A, not just what is correct for my Jeep, but what stuff sells for and what is a fair price for it.

Generally it's about bragging rights and how much you will pay for that kind of thing.....just an opinion.

SO SO true, but just try and find one Ouch
Too many jeeps.....GOT JEEP ?
Night0wl View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Night0wl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov. 2008 at 2:08pm
Sam,
I understand the parts that are for sale.  Like I said I have one of these myself.
Though, I did not give any where near that for my whole assembly!
I guess over $600(after shipping) still seams like alot.  But like I said I have lots to learn.

Roc,
Your probably right about the bragging rights thing.  My pockets aren't that deep so I guess I won't be bragging that much!LOL

Tony,
I guess I got lucky when I found mine!  Didn't realize how rare they were.

Low,
There have been many things I wish I could have bought during the years.  Not 2A stuff mind you but other stuff and I just didn't have the funds to do it or I couldn't bring myself to spend the money on something I didn't need but just wanted. 
Night0wl
45 CJ-2A
My Project
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov. 2008 at 2:58pm

Your probably right about the bragging rights thing.  My pockets aren't that deep so I guess I won't be bragging that much!LOL

You don't have to have deep pockets.....you already own one!!  Brag away!! LOL
'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
Night0wl View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Night0wl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov. 2008 at 3:13pm
Roc, I guess so.  But there are quite a few other things that I need much more then this PTO.
Night0wl
45 CJ-2A
My Project
 Post Reply Post Reply