Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Clubs for jeeps
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Georgia

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colhigg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Georgia
    Posted: 01 Feb. 2013 at 5:53pm
Is anyone in Georgia?
CW48 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CW48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb. 2013 at 2:11am
Yes, there are quite a few of us.  Check your private messages.
Happiness is a Southbend Lathe
Haines Garage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haines Garage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb. 2013 at 11:44pm
Hello my GA friends. The IFFC international Flat Fender Club has been looking for representation in GA!
If a person should like to accept a position as the GA Flat Fender Club President, let me know. Check out more information here on the 2A pages under Clubs for Jeeps, IFFC or Internationalflatfenderclub.com.

Or contact me at Southcarolinaflatfenderclub@comcast.net
Can't wait for someone to step up!Thumbs Up

darwinless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darwinless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb. 2015 at 7:07am
I live in Thomasville Ga
I have a 1946 16717
Its derivable but pretty rusty.
We play down at the river in it and drive the dirt roads here.
I also use it on the farm to drag large round bales of hay for the horses, and I also drag a harrow around to turn the earth and control the growth of the plants the horses don't eat in the pasture.
I have had it since 1985 and my son and my nephew have worked on it as we just resurrected it again this year.
Anyone have any farm implements for this thing?
Thanks,
David
Neil R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb. 2015 at 5:30pm
Nice to see a few folks from GA here. I'm in Statesboro, just about 50 miles up the road from Savannah.

Imported my 48 from Florence, SC and when the weather starts warming up I'll be starting that long battle to restore her.

@ darwinless; I travel to Thomasville 3 times a week for my work, I figured there were some early CJs hiding out around there! Smile
trijjicon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trijjicon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2015 at 1:45pm
I Live in Statesboro, Ga....about an hour or so drive from Savannah.  I'm still looking for a CJ2a/3a to buy or one to restore.  Would be nice, I think, to hook up with folks that share a common passion.  I've been away from the Off-road scene for several decades now.  Appears things have changed around here..unfortunately for us, I'm afraid.  I see very little interest in Off-roading now in this area and what little there is leans more to the ATVs. I suspect this is largely due to irresponsible use of our Natural Resources from reckless off-road vehicle use and the subsequent closure of land by the Government and the private landowners.  I've personally witnessed this behavior on many occasions. It's a shame that a few ruin it all for the rest of us. By our own very nature... I guess we all have this innate desire to be independent and free.... and off-roading affords this opportunity to do such....so it would be difficult to get organized. But being organized gives us the best opportunity to promote responsible practices in the outdoors.  I plan to retire next year and re-locate to an area that has plenty of off-road areas I can enjoy.I just want to experience those adventure with like-minded souls. :) Ohhh....didn't mean to ramble on there...so I'll get off my soap-box now.  xD
OldJeepBob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldJeepBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2017 at 3:20pm
Hello Dawgs!
I recently acquired a '46 and two other CJ2As donor vehicles. I am building the '46 as a D Day 4th Infantry Division tribute, and I am glad to see other Georgians on site.  sister in the "bro.  talk about parts to swap, sell??
Bob Price "OldJeepBob"

REPS
jeeper50 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeeper50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2017 at 1:37pm
I'm up in Newnan, near Atlanta.

Belleview ol skool winch soon.
'48 CJ2A 283 V8 sm 420 granny low, tera low D18, overdrive,lockers

Texan at heart,Alabama by retirement

Rebel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan. 2020 at 1:15pm
I’m In Waycross. About an hour west of Brunswick. I just inherited a project.

tk0667 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tk0667 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 4:29pm
Hi there, New to the forum.  Just got my hands on a new project. A 47 CJ2A. She has been in the hands of a fellow photographer friend of mine but has sadly been sitting lost and forgotten under a tarp for more than 15 years.

So i have decided to giver her a home and see what I can do to bring her back to life. Hoping i am not alone up here in the Atlanta Area.

jeeper50 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeeper50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 5:11pm
Nice looking jeep, welcome to the best page for flatty repair and knowledge!

I just south of Atlanta in Newnan. 

Post a thread in discussions to get introduced. Oh yeah we all love pics and there is no stupid questions...ask away

OldJeepBob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldJeepBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 5:14pm
Since the June 2017 post I have moved to Rabun County and decided to build war Jeeps if I was going to most of the trouble anyway.  I have  finished a '43 MB tribute to the 4th ID, and  bought a '45MB , and am starting to spend $$ on.  I have what I believe to be a '46 CJ that I bought for parts, and it has a lot of usable stuff.  Let me know if you would like some pics and more info.
OldJeepBob
REPS
tk0667 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tk0667 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 5:23pm
Right now im trying to find a couple of usable wheels just so I can get it moved to my shop. One of the steel rims has a hole in it the size of my thumb. Im just trying to slap some cheap used tubeless just so I can move it and will put on more authentic rubber when the time comes to that part of the restoration. You wouldn't happen to have a spare or two of the 7" 15" wheels would ya? And I am sure i will have more questions for you and everyone else as i actually get into this thing.
tk0667 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tk0667 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 5:23pm
Lol, thanks for the welcome! And as a photographer I can assure you there will be plenty of photos!
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 12:39am
Welcome to the page, tk0667!
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
jeeper50 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeeper50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 2:47pm
I have a set of 4 rims and tires that you can have for rollers, 31 1050-15s on black D hole rims. Let me know

FYI-on your jeep drivers side lugnuts are L/H threads

Edited by jeeper50 - 27 May 2020 at 3:36pm

Post Reply Post Reply