Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Off-Topic area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Getting all the attention

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldwillys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Getting all the attention
    Posted: 31 Aug. 2014 at 2:22am
My son had his Toyota in the shop for a week for some expensive repairs,During this time he drove ( Frankenstein,the 46 modified to work.)After much work and much money,my son got his car back,as he pulled it into the driveway,he said,dad,I am so glad to get my car back and stop driving Frankenstein.he told me he averaged 3 inquirers a day to buy it.He told me that the men he works with get several calls a week,asking if it's for sale.Yep,they may be old,they may have some cosmetic flaws,but they demand attention wherever they are.
binthere View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote binthere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug. 2014 at 8:23pm
Amen to that!!  Smile
chuck
1953 CJ3B "a fistfull of dollars"
1949 willys jeepster "a few dollars more"
and a few other retirement toys

Daniel_Buck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daniel_Buck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep. 2014 at 6:00pm
heh, I get the same thing driving mine here in Los Angeles, I think I'm gonna put a NOT FOR SALE sign on it, haha
2a #40500
Oldwillys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldwillys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep. 2014 at 7:04pm
It is an amazing thing to sit and watch as pass Byers try to get a look at an old willys.We have much atv traffic here,we can hear folks talking and telling other atv folks," right up here is where all the cool jeeps are".....as they pass our house.Its kinds like the planters peanut commercial,where the gamely looking uni browed girl is attracting all the jocks.
 Post Reply Post Reply