Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hoosier Flat Fender Fall Colors Tour 10/24/15 - Event Date: 24 Oct. 2015

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 67charger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Hoosier Flat Fender Fall Colors Tour 10/24/15
    Posted: 04 Sep. 2015 at 7:13pm
As of right now the fall colors tour will be 10/24/15.  We will be driving around Brown County, Yellow wood State Park, and Nashville Indiana this October.  There will be stops at Yellow wood, Nashville and the Covered bridge near Greasy Creek Rd.  As of right now, we will start between 9 am and 10 am at Johnson County Park near the horse park "there is room for trailers there".  If anything changes or more things are added I will put it on this subject.  
Nick_ View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep. 2015 at 7:35pm
Sounds great! Thanks for setting this up. I'll repost my Craigslist ads and get some people coming.
BENSH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BENSH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep. 2015 at 9:01pm
I take it that all have given up on the Friday swap meet idea and will just go for Saturday.
As you plan your route Andy, keep in mind that Nashville will be utter chaos. Going in on the covered bridge road from east of Bean Blossom should work out for you, much like you guys did last time. I liked the idea of each packing coolers for a cookout at one on the Yellow Wood, Hoosier National Forest or other state properties in the area.
Brown County and area state parks will be backed up with traffic (including SR 135) just as bad as downtown Nashville. Hope these suggestions help. Nick may actually be able to scare up some new followers so meeting at the county park and using that parking area next to the railroad hobby club to form up is a good idea but that doesn’t mean our usual Friday night routine has to change if anyone interested. Of course there is a camping area right there at the park if anyone is interested.

FYI: Dad made it through the rehab program and just had his first months check=up with X Ray and bone is healing well. They plan to do another check at two months and we’re hoping he will be walking up under his own power (with his walker) by then.

I have not been able to get out to the shop to put the tranny back in that Jim helped me with but have new pilot bushing and clutch bolts in hand so it won’t take long to bolt the tranny, bell housing and engine together in one unit and slide it all back into Willy. Glad I took the time to strip everything out and get it all painted before all the stuff came down on us.
    1945 CJ2a 11495
67charger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67charger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep. 2015 at 10:51pm
Bensh you are going to be at the cruise too right!!!!? I got my intermediate gear out and have to replace the gear and rod!!!! That intermediate gear was pitted bad!! Now i know why it was screaming.
WeeWilly View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote WeeWilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep. 2015 at 1:07am
 Russ,  Let me know when you want to get the tranny and engine together and set in the Jeep and I will come down and help you with it. 
  Sure glad to hear that your dad is doing better.

Jim
47 CJ2A (Ranch Hand) 48 CJ2A, 48 Willys truck, T3C 3782, M274 (Military Mule)
BENSH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BENSH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep. 2015 at 1:20am
I sure hope to make the convoy but will have to get someone to come in for a long day and I don’t have a call list yet. I need to find someone now so I can get out to the shop and get things put back together.

I hope you are having less trouble getting the gearbox back together than we did, things just didn’t want to slide right in as they should have so it took a little extra time. Very glad I didn’t try to do that job on my own the first time ever getting into one of them.

I know you told me but I sleep since you told me where you got that radiator from, I might need one some day. Don’t know how long you’ve had yours but maybe by now they figured out how to anodize them black.

-- Just saw your message Jim. Sure hoping to get to it soon, just don’t know when.

Edited by BENSH - 06 Sep. 2015 at 1:22am
    1945 CJ2a 11495
67charger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67charger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep. 2015 at 1:14pm
Got my radiator from champion. Ive had that radiator for atleast two yeard.
Nick_ View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep. 2015 at 7:34pm
I finally got around to posting the Craigslist ad, and I notified everyone who responded to the first one.

Good news on my Jeep! The tranny rebuild kit is on its way along with all new gauges. I may have picked up another 3A that grandpa is tinkering with for me while I'm away from home...

When my tranny gets finished I'll head back to get it all installed. The rims are unbalanced and a little shaky, but I'm holding out til Christmas for new ones. Hopefully Miss Behavior's first miles are with you guys. I also have a trip meter so it'll be fun to see how far we go.

Edited by Nick_ - 22 Sep. 2015 at 7:48pm
67charger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67charger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep. 2015 at 7:30pm
Now that you have all seen the beautiful Fall Colors Tour out west, now experience the Fall Colors Tour in the midwest at brown County!!!!!!  Ride through windy roads and see oaks and maples turning color, also experience a covered bridge!  Come on over to Indiana this October 24th.
Nick_ View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep. 2015 at 5:10pm
As anyone been able to get ahold of Russ? I see he hasn't been online in 10 days, and I tried calling twice the past couple weeks. 

I had a response to my ad and he was planning on making an account here. Hopefully we'll see him post soon!
67charger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67charger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep. 2015 at 5:39pm
I haven't talked to him since right after the August trip.
WeeWilly View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WeeWilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep. 2015 at 6:54pm
  I talked to Russ a couple days ago on the phone and he was OK then but busy around the home and taking care of his father which is recovering from the fall.  He does have the motor and trans mated so he might have it ready for the tour.

Jim
edudley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edudley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep. 2015 at 11:18pm
Hello guys!  I saw Nicks post on Craigslist today and asked if I might tag along.  I have a flat fender but its actually a wagon. 4WD of course.  It has been completely restored and I use it often on trips about anywhere in Indiana.  I am from Columbus as a boy and live on the north east side of Indy now.  I love to tour brown county in the fall.  I have extra room to carry picnic supplies if needed.  I will keep the 24th open on my calendar and look forward to meeting some of you. 
WeeWilly View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WeeWilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep. 2015 at 1:39am
Looking forward to meeting you and your willys wagon Eric, also a big welcome to the Page. 

Jim 
edudley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edudley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct. 2015 at 2:44am
Can you guys give the location that you meet?  Thanks
67charger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67charger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct. 2015 at 11:49am
As of right now we will be meeting at camp atterbury.  The road we will be meeting on is S 325 E between Rodeo drive and Edinburgh street.  There is a pavilion on your right if you come from the south or on your left if you come from the north on S 325 E.  You can look it up on Google Map or Earth.  I don't have an exact address.  I guess they call S 325 E School House rd too.

Edited by 67charger - 02 Oct. 2015 at 11:53am
Nick_ View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct. 2015 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by 67charger 67charger wrote:

There is a pavilion on your right if you come from the south or on your left if you come from the north on S 325 E.  You can look it up on Google Map or Earth.]
I went up and down S 325 E on Earth a few times and can't find the pavilion. I vote for a "Follow me Jeep" to wave us down.
67charger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67charger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct. 2015 at 4:41pm
scroll all the way down to street view and you will see them.  The are pretty much just pole barns with no sides.  Maybe shelter would be a better name.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>