Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HoosierFlatFenders 8/22/15 - Event Date: 22 Aug. 2015

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BENSH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: HoosierFlatFenders 8/22/15
    Posted: 23 July 2015 at 3:25am
22 AUG 2015 RECON; one day expedition to cruise and convoy the Yellowwood State Forrest areas for back roads and non-maintained driving trails open to us. PM POC's “67 Charger” and “Nick_" to register. and follow this thread for updates. Jump0ff 0900hrs.Military Static Display area Hospital Road, Camp Atterbury (just west of main gate on same side of road.

Edited by BENSH - 23 July 2015 at 10:15am
    1945 CJ2a 11495
67charger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 67charger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2015 at 6:56pm
I will be there, maybe even with a canvas top on my jeep.
67charger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 67charger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2015 at 6:56pm
I will be there, maybe with a canvas top on my jeep too!
Nick_ View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Nick_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2015 at 6:02pm
I'm confirming my grandpa Jim and I will be there, he'll trailer his CJ3A and my 3A/MB.

So that's 4 Jeeps, and if Jim and his son go we're at 6!

Edited by Nick_ - 26 July 2015 at 6:04pm
WeeWilly View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote WeeWilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2015 at 1:58am
  Talked to my son yesterday and unless something happens we will be there.  Looking forward to seeing you all.

Jim
47 CJ2A (Ranch Hand) 48 CJ2A, 48 Willys truck, T3C 3782, M274 (Military Mule)
BENSH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BENSH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2015 at 2:47am
Great to hear from everyone! Looks like our usual group and there are still at least three (2 in Terre Haute) that have been planning on getting with us. Nick has made contact with two or three more and if any of them show up to well have quite a group just for this RECON run. If this keeps up I think Nick & Andy may have their hands full if this deal comes through for October.

i was checking out the Colorado FC thread and sounds like they are going about this pretty much the same way, RECON Expedition then their full weekend blow-out, including camp. If we go about it right and have a little luck we could probably scout a good one day ride to a base camp location in Yellowwood. The state forrest should be a pretty easy objective in October if there are guys that want to camp overnight, and an easy day for those wishing to leave...

We’ll have to figure all that out when we meet 8/22 and have a look around. Sounds like it’s really coming together for the fall. Guess I better get to my repairs!

Edited by BENSH - 27 July 2015 at 2:57am
    1945 CJ2a 11495
67charger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67charger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2015 at 11:34am
Just put about 20 miles on my jeep yesterday so all is good.
BENSH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BENSH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2015 at 7:29pm
Sounds good, I’ll try to catch up!
    1945 CJ2a 11495
Nick_ View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2015 at 5:14am
My grandpa and I are trying to get ready for the ride! He came over tonight to help me install some parts, blowtorch (I mean professionally fit) the overdrive lever, and get some parts repainted on his Jeep. I'm putting on my CJ exhaust to replace his burst open muffler, and my original Warn Overdrive shifter lever because he always wanted one. I can't wait to cruise the beautiful south!

67charger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67charger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2015 at 1:03pm
looking good!
BENSH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BENSH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2015 at 4:26pm
That’s a pretty nice looking shop, glad you have a place & people to help out with projects - and spend time working with your grandpa doing something you both enjoy. You reminded us all that made the last  cruise. Still amazed at the muffler blow out. That was a real first! So did you guys put in a cherry-Bomb? Perfect size and good tone.

I got the engine out, gearbox on the bench and a new bell housing all painted up and ready to go. Gotta take the gears out of the box to find out where the slop is. New gaskets ready and a few stock parts to clean up and paint, pretty things up under the hood a bit and I’ll be caught up.

Noticed one of the clutch fingers has some hard wear on the end so I’m gonna take the clutch apart and go over it too, don’t want to have to tear this thing apart again for a few years!
    1945 CJ2a 11495
Dmac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug. 2015 at 9:32pm
I`d like to try to make this and meet my fellow instate jeepers. Let me see what`s up as time gets closer.

Dennis
43 Ford GPW "AWOL"
48-52 CJ Series Bubba Jeep
BENSH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BENSH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug. 2015 at 7:34pm
Good to hear from you Dmac, hope you can make it. PM me your personal contact info & I’ll add you to my Buddy List & add your eMail & phone to the groups mailing list for updates & info on what’s going on.

Good News; sounds like we have have 20-12 show up for this ride gang.
    1945 CJ2a 11495
BENSH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BENSH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug. 2015 at 4:58am
Been meaning to get a message out to all those riding this weekend. Instead of riding as a navigator and photographer (since it looked like I couldn’t get my tranny done anyway) I’m gonna have to push the duties off on others.

My dads last brother of four died Tuesday and the funeral was Saturday morning, While getting ready to leave dad fell and broke his hip. He had surgery Saturday afternoon and is doing quite well for his age.

I can meet with those who show up Saturday and pass on some maps and clues for the days ride, laying out a trail for October - but that will be the extent of my participation, if you decide to continue as planned, which there is no need in not doing so from my angle.

I’ll send out a personal eMail to those on my “Buddy List” that have stated interest in this ride, make sure all got the word and perhaps other details. Will look forward to seeing you for a moment before you take off.

1945 CJ2a 11495
67charger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67charger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug. 2015 at 12:04pm
I'm sorry to hear about you dad and uncle, its good that your dad is doing fine after the surgery.  I don't know if Nick will be ready in time for the cruise either, he is having transmission problems too.  We'll figure it out.
Nick_ View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug. 2015 at 3:51pm
That's too bad Russ, I hope your father recovers well.

My Jeep is most likely not going to make it. It's a huge disappointment for me. My grandpa will still come out and I can hitch a ride with him, if everyone else wants to continue on.
67charger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67charger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug. 2015 at 4:26pm
Yeah I'll be going if everybody wants too still. I have some bumperettes to buy!!!!!!
Nick_ View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug. 2015 at 5:48pm
I'm pretty bored here at campus and would like to go out and do some driving. Andy I put your bumperettes in a box before I left, along with Russ' rims and soft top bows. I believe my dad was going to bring my Jeep to a friend's to see if they could figure the tranny out, but there isn't any time. I can bring the camera and make it worthwhile.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>