Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hoosiers; Brown County Colors Tour

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BENSH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hoosiers; Brown County Colors Tour
    Posted: 10 Sep. 2014 at 2:55am
Ever wanted to cruise the country back roads to Brown County State Park in the fall? Get in your Willys flat-fender jeep and take off for a day of cruising with friends and other Historic Willys Jeeps. Now is your chance!

Our group is planning to cruise from the Trafalgar/Atterbury area south through the country all they way down to SR 46. From there the option will be to cruise the park or head into Nashville for a late lunch. 

Available/tentative dates will be October 11th or 18th, hoping Mother Nature cooperate. Lets see some traffic and interest in this, and lets make a plan. Post to the thread so all will know what you are thinking.

*Don't know how words or titles in my posting are being "linked" by someone outside and hope the administrator can shut them down!

Edited by BENSH - 10 Sep. 2014 at 4:30am
    1945 CJ2a 11495
WeeWilly View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote WeeWilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep. 2014 at 3:37am
  I plan on being there and I am sure my son will be there also. That is some beautiful country down there in Brown county.

Jim
47 CJ2A (Ranch Hand) 48 CJ2A, 48 Willys truck, T3C 3782, M274 (Military Mule)
Dmac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep. 2014 at 11:02pm
I`ll pencil it in and confirm when the dates closer, sounds fun

Dennis
WeeWilly View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote WeeWilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep. 2014 at 12:03am
Dennis,  I sure hope you can make it  I would like to meet my neighbor.  We are only live a few miles apart. If I can be of any help feel free to contact me.

Jim
BENSH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BENSH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep. 2014 at 2:11am
I'll check on the trailer lot at the Atterbury/Hoosier Horse Park for secure parking for those who trailer in and leave a tow vehicle behind. There is a restaurant there and I'll confirm that they will be open for us on whichever Saturday morning we pick. This arrangement would meet multiple needs and give parking right alongside the horse trailers and their tow vehicles. The restaurant cooked BBQ for the car show at the park a few weeks ago and it was very good. The owner sounded open to our needs and I'll confirm they'll have the biscuits & gravy ready! Come on over Dennis, I'm hoping Nick and a couple other new "Buddies" from the 2a page will also make it a point to join in.
Beans & corn are showing color and with this cool air blowing in tonight the leaves can't be too far behind.

Edited by BENSH - 11 Sep. 2014 at 2:17am
    1945 CJ2a 11495
Dmac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep. 2014 at 1:18am
Sure thing Jim, hope we can generate some interest in this ride. I`ll mention it to a few others who dont use this board.

Dennis
WeeWilly View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WeeWilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep. 2014 at 3:55am
  Sounds great.  How many out your way has old willys?  Do you know anyone by the name of Edmonson from liberty farms? I met his dad at the gas station in Bellville and he said his son was restoring a 47.

Jim
Dmac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep. 2014 at 11:41pm
Jim, don`t know them sorry!
 My wife and I are headed out soon to do the fall colors tour with our friends in Colorado. This is a trip we do every year and really enjoy it! It would be fun to get a group from Indy to travel there sometime, I  love to share my home state with others.

Dennis
BENSH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BENSH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep. 2014 at 2:41am
That WOULD be great Dennis, some day!
    1945 CJ2a 11495
BENSH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BENSH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep. 2014 at 8:08pm
Greetings All!
I  wanted to stir things up a bit and give you an update. Colors are starting to show well around here and figure in a couple weeks or so we should be prime. I thinking we will make our back roads run in two weeks from this Saturday, so the date will be October 11th with an alternate/rain date of the 18th. Two days before (on 10/9) I'll give you an update on anticipated area weather and a heads up on meeting place, times and status of mother natures beauty. Looking forward to seeing you all!
    1945 CJ2a 11495
67charger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67charger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep. 2014 at 8:18pm
Hopefully I can make it, i gotta paint my truck haha.
WeeWilly View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WeeWilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep. 2014 at 1:51am
   Looking forward to it sounds like it will be a great time and maybe this will be the last event this year for some of us to get together and enjoy our jeeps.  My son and his girl friend is also planning on being there.
    Dennis from Coatsville is going to try to make it, He is out there doing the Colorado run now. I am sure as word gets around to those that have old jeeps around our general area that the #s will grow.

Jim
BENSH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BENSH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep. 2014 at 2:38am
Originally posted by 67charger 67charger wrote:

Hopefully I can make it, i gotta paint my truck haha.

You gonna cover up all that great 'patina' Andy?

Jim, I hope you are right but we'll make a good time of it regardless!
    1945 CJ2a 11495
67charger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 67charger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep. 2014 at 10:31pm
Haha hopefully its orange by then.
BENSH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BENSH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct. 2014 at 4:38pm
Only one week to go and so far the only people confirmed are Wee Willy & his son Jim. Counting myself that makes 2 CJ2a's and 1 M38. Have not heard anything from Monroe County group and awaiting word from anyone else who will be here. Have not heard how it's looking for Dmac yet

So how's the truck coming along Andy?

1945 CJ2a 11495
WeeWilly View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WeeWilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct. 2014 at 7:50pm
    I have my insulated coveralls ready just in case.

Jim
67charger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67charger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct. 2014 at 8:51pm
Ill come no matter what, sanding the the truck right now haha.
BENSH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BENSH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct. 2014 at 10:48pm
O.K. guys, sound like our same little group of Musketeers. I'll get my long johns out and be ready as I can.

The transfer case is coming along better than I had hoped. Finishing up with the cross member and small stuff and will be ready to find out for sure but shifts great on jacks! Hoping it's gonna run well or I might have to bum a ride.

Of course we may have an early run of some type of "Indian Summer" next weekend but not to worried about getting frozen out. Just hope we have a lot of color on the trees and good weather.

Edited by BENSH - 04 Oct. 2014 at 10:51pm
    1945 CJ2a 11495
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>