Forum Home Forum Home > Suggestions, Comments and Testing > Suggestions and Comments for the forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IE lack of cursor and cannot post anything???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote F Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IE lack of cursor and cannot post anything???
    Posted: 30 Apr. 2014 at 3:20pm
INTERNET  EXPlorer users who cannot post anything...

I have been at a friends house and blamed his computer, but I can no longer use IE to post anything on the page... something is up ...my laptop was also affected..

I opened up their Google Chrome browser, and I can post just fine.... so if this is your problem, try Chrome instead.. supposedly there is a fatal hacker susceptibility to IE anyhow..

DENNISANVIL I hope you read this..

(And as an aside I will be away from all the jeep sites except in a very minimal basis as I am doing a major cleanout of my old place and have no internet access except briefly every few days. )

Sam I do not know if there is anything you can do to address this issue, perhaps a sticky to use a different browser?

If you haven't checked out the tech FAQ section, go to:
http://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/tech-faq_forum57.html
for a lot of great stuff you need to know!!

russnj View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russnj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr. 2014 at 3:37pm

43 MB, 48 CJ2A, 50 CJ3A, 55 M38A1, 56 CJ5, 79 M151A2, M100 ,65 M416
48cj2a View Drop Down
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48cj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2014 at 3:58am
It fixed mine...here's how:

To add a site to the Compatibility View list
  1. Open the desktop, and then tap or click the Internet Explorer icon on the taskbar.

2. Tap or click the Tools button Tools, and then tap or click Compatibility View settings.
  3. Under Add this website, enter the URL of the site you want to add to the list, and then tap or click Add

Art C USAF (Retired)

47 CJ2A #134955 Project
48 CJ2A #206759
62 L6226 Station Wagon #58167 10900
45 T3-C #191 Project
http://www.bantamt3c.com
http://www.48cj2a.com
Oilleaker1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2014 at 12:38pm
I just switched IP's from Dakotablue.net to Verizon wireless, and the problem went away all on it's own. I did post with no problem on Mozilla Firefox. Right now , I'm back on IE and it works fine. I find IE is faster than Mozilla. As they keep changing things so you have to spend money with them, the old services aren't supported and man you have to change or sink with the ship. I'd love to have the owners of the IP's come into my shop so I can "upgrade" their bill with me! LOLLOLLOLLOL Paybacks are a Bi#$%! John
Green Disease, Jeeps, Old Iron!
 Post Reply Post Reply