Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Tech Questions and Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

L-Head with YF Carb Throttle Linkage

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: L-Head with YF Carb Throttle Linkage
    Posted: 14 Oct. 2015 at 12:54am
I am working on a CJ2a for a buddy and somebody swapped the motor out with an industrial motor that sits 90 degrees from stock and the bore is the same as the YF carb. I ordered a Solex YF replacement carb and am having trouble figuring out a way to hook up the throttle linkage. Does anyone have any pictures of their set up or know of an easy way to hook this up? It is really bugging me I can't figure it out. 
scoutpilot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scoutpilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct. 2015 at 1:09am
Time to call Bubba's brother, Rube Goldberg. When the salad has this many ingredients it becomes a nightmare. I suggest you cancel the Solex and locate a proper intake manifold first.
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct. 2015 at 1:46am
Your manifold is not likely industrial, but an early Truck/Wagon/Jeepster/Supersonic/DJ....Lots of little stuff to find to make it work, but it can be done!.

Lee
               LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
“If you wait, you only get older”
67 M715
American Made Rolling History
Oilleaker1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct. 2015 at 3:03am
Henry J and Willys Americar also. Lots of strange brews out there. Confused
Green Disease, Jeeps, Old Iron!
 Post Reply Post Reply