Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Your Jeep Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mini Jeep ... the Beginning

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stahlhelms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mini Jeep ... the Beginning
    Posted: 23 Oct. 2014 at 5:39pm
Not sure if anybody else on here has built one of these.
Any suggestions are welcomed!

Since I converted my CJ2A into an MB look alike, I figured I would do the same w/ the mini.

The arrival...

The donor....

Getting it ready for mods....

Engine fits perfect.  We had issues with the frame and where the wheels were located.
After some more modifications, I think we have a good plan for mounting the tires closer to the body.  Some people have bolted the body on the frame and that's that, but it leaves the wheels about 1 foot lower making it look like a monster truck.

I considered WWII replica Cushmann tires until I saw the price...any body know of a 16" total diameter tire with NDT?

bretto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bretto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct. 2014 at 7:04pm
Hmmm, I didn't know they offered those kits, that pretty neat.
athawk11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athawk11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct. 2014 at 8:22pm
Very cool.

Something came to mind.  Maybe this mini kit is why they have some fitment issue on the regular size body kits.  Perhaps the folks stamping them out, keep getting confused on whether they're working on a mini or a full size.LOL 

Tim
1- 1946 CJ2A   
2- 1949 CJ3A
Luke_S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luke_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct. 2014 at 11:43pm
You could use some tiller tires to mimic how some farmers used to put chevron pattern tractor tires on for field/ pasture duty

Edited by Luke_S - 23 Oct. 2014 at 11:45pm
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct. 2014 at 3:35am
Wow, that's a heck of a donor!!  I've got a 102 that I would've traded you. LOL

So I don't guess Mini Jeep will be cutting grass will it?

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
Hud View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct. 2014 at 5:10am
"So I don't guess Mini Jeep will be cutting grass will it?"

Could if he did this.

"Go For Broke"
mogger7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mogger7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct. 2014 at 1:11pm
In the process of setting mine on a 4 wheeler chassie now.   going to be a lot of chopping to get it to sit low enough.
mogger7
mogger7
Stahlhelms View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stahlhelms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct. 2014 at 4:37pm
I should have left the deck on to cut down on my work load :-)

Rocnroll - couldn't beat the price...my Father-in-Law new a guy who upgraded and said we could have the old Deere..... The crazy thing is that the dealer who delivered the new one was going to charge him to take the old one (time to find a new dealer)
I sold most of the mower parts to help fund the project.
BillF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct. 2014 at 6:27pm
mogger I would like to see your project as well.
1952 m38

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stahlhelms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct. 2014 at 7:39pm
ditto....

DrPop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrPop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct. 2014 at 2:02am
Awesome stuff! Smile  Where do you guys get the mini kits from?
1946 CJ2A powered by Chevy 350
LesBerg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LesBerg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct. 2014 at 2:48am
oh.
my.
god.

I must have one! Spirit Lake (town just down the road) holds mower races on Father's Day. I wanted to hang a mower deck under my jeep and enter it just for kicks, but this beats my idea hands down!
1948 CJ2A 157713 24" Stretch "Old Ironsides"
1st Armored Div
6th Infantry Reg
3rd Infantry Bn
Headquarters Company #161

rubigo in quo speramus - "In Rust we Trust"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stahlhelms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct. 2014 at 1:04pm
LesBerg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LesBerg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct. 2014 at 3:25pm
1948 CJ2A 157713 24" Stretch "Old Ironsides"
1st Armored Div
6th Infantry Reg
3rd Infantry Bn
Headquarters Company #161

rubigo in quo speramus - "In Rust we Trust"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stahlhelms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct. 2014 at 3:57pm
He's at $75 per... if you go w/ a trailer tire w/ the same brand, you can get them for $60 per pair w/ free shipping.
Unfortunately, daryle has the only ones with something that looks like NDT... i think they are a discontinued style by Kenda.
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct. 2014 at 6:08pm
I bet Wallace Wade carries something though you'd probably have to talk to him on the phone and tell him what you are trying to accomplish.

A Rokon two wheel drive motorcycle used to have chevron treads that might look pretty good.....don't know the size though.

Edited by rocnroll - 27 Oct. 2014 at 6:10pm
'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stahlhelms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct. 2014 at 6:14pm
this would be perfect if they ever have a 75% off sale...
http://www.cokertire.com/brands/cushman/cushman-ndt-475x775.html
(wheels, tube not included)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stahlhelms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov. 2014 at 1:55pm
Part of the frame:
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>