Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Your Jeep Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My '47

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 51>
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My '47
    Posted: 12 Oct. 2011 at 2:38am
Taking a break from my CJ2A truck build http://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/my-cj2a-pickup-lots-of-pictures_topic15518.html?KW= and working on my other 2A. This will stay mostly stock-ish. Smilie

Doing a total rebuild. Here is the body I am starting with...

Bought it from Hillbilly (Paul) and picked it up in N. Carolina. mostly rust free, Paul replaced front floors and other pieces. Missing the rear floor section, but I have a decent one from the original body.

Here is the frame.

Last summer I put axles under it ( It is sitting next to my 2A truck frame. )

Placed the tub on the frame.

Then put on a aluminum top and doors and used it as storage. The 2A in front of it is donating lots of pieces.
berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct. 2011 at 2:41am
Hat channels added under the front floor. Used 1x2 tubing. Right now it is only tacked in so I will need to flip it back over and weld it up.

Rear floor welded in....

Bolted to frame. Smilie

Paul only tacked in side panels that replaced bad sections, so I have a lot of welding to finish. This is how it sits as of tonight.
jeepjunky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeepjunky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct. 2011 at 1:26pm
looks good, wish I had the room you have to rebuild mine...I have to keep mine in one stall of a 2car garage. Along with all the parts.
Good luck adn have fun
My Jeep won a war, Your Honda mowed my yard!
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct. 2011 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by jeepjunky jeepjunky wrote:

looks good, wish I had the room you have to rebuild mine...I have to keep mine in one stall of a 2car garage. Along with all the parts.
Good luck adn have fun

Well  I will be moving out. I was told I could still keep it here... Confused but the faster I could get this together and spare parts boxed up.... blah blah blah....
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct. 2011 at 2:34pm
Moved the parts frame up. Can't afford new parts so I will be swapping over the front shackles and mounts when there is a decent day. ( if there is any left.)

Removed some more of the layers off paint to prime it and see where little patches are needed.

Jeeper71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeeper71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct. 2011 at 4:57am
Wow Dennis.....looking good, sorry about the moving out part though.  Sent you a PM.
Aaron

Restores Coleman Gas Lanterns and Stoves.
Windmill/well pump hobbiest. (Heller Aller, Aermotor).

1946 CJ2A, basket case status.
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct. 2011 at 11:46am
Done for the most part on the tub. Need to add another bracket here and there.

Same with the frame, need to repair a small section and then it is finished.

Jeeper71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeeper71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct. 2011 at 5:00pm
Well done there.  What was your source for the 1x2 tubing for the hat channels?
Aaron

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct. 2011 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by Jeeper71 Jeeper71 wrote:

Well done there.  What was your source for the 1x2 tubing for the hat channels?
Aaron

Standard Welding and Steel Products in Medina.
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov. 2011 at 2:03am
Some more done, had reluctant help from my 14 year old. The 4 year old is so eager to help so I need to find something for him to do.

Motor is out of the parts jeep and will get cleaned up a little.  Ordered new motor and trans mounts.
DiverDownJames View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiverDownJames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov. 2011 at 7:12pm
Progress looks great! Keep bringing us these great pictures, what did you coat your frame with?
45 MB#458536
1946 CJ2A#26624 "Wilson"
UPFFC
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov. 2011 at 12:32am
Originally posted by DiverDownJames DiverDownJames wrote:

Progress looks great! Keep bringing us these great pictures, what did you coat your frame with?

Thanks.
 I used rustoleum rusty metal primer then rustoleum professional black enamel. Then coated it with clear coat.
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec. 2011 at 11:36pm
Grill all painted and installed.

How it sits now. Need to finish painting the tub.

glenmaki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glenmaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec. 2011 at 12:18am
  I like it, I think my build will be similar. I have a little less cancer on the body though. I like the 1x2 bracing and I just happen to have a bunch of it in the yard. Looking forward to seeing it back together.
Glen
48 CJ2A
70 C10 project
56 F100 project
03 F-250 CC diesel
06 Lancer Evolution
94 ST 1100
Too many dirt bikes
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec. 2011 at 2:00am
Tailgate.

Hood.

This is what I am going for. A rolling tribute to my wife's grandfather.  He was in the Korean war and drove this Jeep.  I know he had the M38 and mine is a 2A, the average human won't know the difference.

Schute View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec. 2011 at 3:48am
Very nice work!
Jeeper71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeeper71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec. 2011 at 4:16am
Thumbs UpLooks like it'll turn out great, and a great tribute!  Good to have seen it in person the other day .

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec. 2011 at 2:11am
Thanks Aaron.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 51>