Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Your Jeep Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New project 1946 cj2a

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leecarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb. 2017 at 1:31am
I wish I had an opportunity like that when I was in school, we have a great voc school in town now but it was too late for me (by 40 years). My favorite classes in high school were math and physics, the rest was just a complete waste of time.
kmamos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmamos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb. 2017 at 11:20pm
Bought winch the other day, but it's not going to have the right look for the front of my jeep. So I took it to school and had a couple students make a "new" cover.. I think I will let it rust and put a satin clear on it... Next going to have them make a mount.

kmamos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmamos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb. 2017 at 11:32pm
kmamos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmamos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb. 2017 at 11:44pm
We built a master cylinder heat shield today. I think I have some heat reflecting tape left over from another project.
damar2yxr View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote damar2yxr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb. 2017 at 3:08pm
A word of caution. If you go with disc brakes your OEM wheels won't fit. I think that if you incorporate wheels spacers it might clear then but then your hubs look goofy. More modern CJ5 or 7 wheels would work however.
Where the hell do you guys find these really nice examples in the Midwest? Nice score.
eat,sleep,jeep

Proud father of a Marine, Army Dentist, Navy Pilot and a Princess. LIFE IS GOOD!
43MB,47CJ2-A,48CJ2-A X2,70Jeepster Commando 1/2 cab,84CJ-7,
Jerkzack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerkzack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb. 2017 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by kmamos kmamos wrote:

What is that race car looking buggy in the back I see? 
1947 CJ2a
kmamos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmamos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb. 2017 at 11:11pm
I bought a set of 16" rims, I think they will clear. If not I will have to figure something else out. The "other" car in my garage is called an SLC.... I started building it last year, but haven't touched it in a few months , been busy with my buddies 48 and now my 46. Once I get my 46 road worthy, I plan on getting back to building the SLC. It is a component car built up in Michigan by a guy named Fran Hall. It is a road course car, but will also be street legal. They make a couple different types of race cars, they make the rolling chassis, you pick out an engine and trans, and you put it together. One of may project I can't find enough time for. Hahaha
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12