Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Northern Colorado Mountain Run 2016 - Event Date: 20 July 2016 - 24 July 2016

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Northern Colorado Mountain Run 2016
    Posted: 13 Jan. 2016 at 2:55am
  Well, I've thought about it long enough, it's time to set the dates for the Northern Colorado Mountain Run. There's a lot going on at about that time, and I wanted to try to avoid conflicts, but can't do it, so I'm going with my original plan.
  Wednesday, July 20th will be mostly a day to find the site, set up camp, get acquainted and re-acquainted, and get things ready to go. We may make a short run to check out the beginnings of some trails, and/or see if the Forest Circus has their gates open yet, so we can go where I want to take you all.
  Those who have run with me before, or even read the threads on prior NCMR's, may know that I don't pre-plan a lot, we just go where I feel like each day, or try to provide the type of trail that someone may request. We may stay fairly close to the campsite on Thursday and Friday, maybe even return to camp for lunch, then go out again, but we will be out all day on Saturday, that's the day that I try to save the best trip for.
  Sunday, as in the past, for those who do not wish to pack up and head for home right away, we will do a short run.
  You may notice that the Run is a day or two longer this year than in the past, it seems as if there's always someone who would like to get up there a day earlier and look around. If anyone wants to come up earlier than Wednesday, even as early as Sunday the 17th, I'll be glad to be there too. There's few places I'd rather be.
  More details are coming, including directions to Cherokee Wildlife Area, Upper Unit, in future posts. If there are any questions, please ask, I'll be glad to answer.

BOOGITY!!!BOOGITY!!!BOOGITY!!! LET'S GO JEEPIN'!!!                                            BW

Edited by Bruce W - 13 Jan. 2016 at 2:58am
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan. 2016 at 3:36am
I am so there
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
Tiny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan. 2016 at 3:47am
    You know that I will be there.
         Tiny
48CJ2A
Tiny
Tiny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan. 2016 at 3:49am
    You know that I will be there.
         TinyClapWinkThumbs Up
48CJ2A
Tiny
Oilleaker1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan. 2016 at 12:34pm
You guys will have fun! I'll be way up North, will miss you!Cry  Can't do them all huh? If you get a chance, get rid of the mag water truck guy for me.  John
Green Disease, Jeeps, Old Iron!
Red Willy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Willy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan. 2016 at 2:05pm
Bruce, 

Lori and I and a friend who is traveling with us will most likely be there at least one and maybe two days. We would arrive Wednesday and most likely pull out after riding on Thursday. We would be up for a Wednesday afternoon ride if anyone else is. 

Thanks 

Glen
Glen
49 CJ3A
Dmac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan. 2016 at 2:51pm
The Family and I are planning to attend, god willing and the creeks don`t rise!

Dennis
43 Ford GPW "AWOL"
48-52 CJ Series Bubba Jeep
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan. 2016 at 4:51pm
Bruce, Nancy and I plan to be there, and I think Kate is planning on it too. 
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
52 M38 Blue Mule, 51 M100 Blue Mule Tale
52 XM38EV1 Electro-Willys, 52 M100 Juice Box
Katiedid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katiedid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan. 2016 at 2:32pm
Kate and the yellow Willys will be there! 
Katiedid
48 CJ2A Waltzing Matilda
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan. 2016 at 9:12pm
Bruce,
I'm going to try and make it out to this run this year. 
And it's only 440 miles from my house. Practically next door.
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan. 2016 at 9:44pm
It'd be great to see you and Grampa's Jeep, Stan. You might find my trails a bit tame, but we'll have a good time. Bruce.

smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan. 2016 at 6:01am
What, are there no rocks to climb in the Colorado Rockies?

But seriously, to quote jpet, "I love the places my jeep can take me."
Sometimes that is a quick thrill of scrambling up some rocks, and other times it's sharing time with friends new and old while being astonished at the beauty and artistry that God has blessed us with and that people who never get off the pavement rarely get to experience.

I am pumped to see the Northern Colorado Rockies, and to meet up with some of the people that have made it possible for a Jr. High school librarian to bring an old piece of classic iron, and a cherished childhood memory back to life.
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar. 2016 at 8:02pm
Hey Bruce,
Starting to collect gear I will need for camping out there at Cherokee Wildlife area.  Is there water available there or should I plan on hauling it in? Also, how far to the nearest fuel station? Do I need to buy some gas cans to get me through?
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar. 2016 at 5:23am
Stan,
  Good question. Answer is: Better bring everything you may need. Actually, no, there is no water nearby, or gas, or groceries, or beerCry. The nearest of these things is about 25 miles away at my best guess.
  But, now that you mention it, for those who arrive early in the week, we might make a trip over to Red Feather Lakes Village, I'm thinkin' Thursday. All those things are available there. It's a road trip, not a trail ride, but it's a nice ride with some decent scenery. Then again, I'll need to have a look at my map, we might be able to get a trail in on the way. What say y'all?   BW

Katiedid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katiedid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar. 2016 at 2:45pm
I'm with you, boss.  I'll follow wherever you lead -- with a few exceptions.Wink  I expect my jeep will be road trip worthy this summer.  I am planning to be up there early.  Can't wait!
Katiedid
48 CJ2A Waltzing Matilda
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar. 2016 at 3:20pm
Lucky for me I don't run on beer. Less stuff to haul in and out.
I'll bring my 5 gal water jug and some gas cans.
As of right now I am planning on coming at least by Wednesday, earlier if anyone else is will be there.  A gas and grub run might be a good idea Thursday or Friday.
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar. 2016 at 5:31pm
Bruce,
Do they still have the restaurant/resort by one of the lakes?  I recall stopping in there back in the 70's when I'd go camping up that way with the Blue Mule.  Could be a good excuse for a fishing trip too.  I'd definitely like to go back up that way to look around and see what I remember.  And reloading some gas cans might be a good idea too.
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
52 M38 Blue Mule, 51 M100 Blue Mule Tale
52 XM38EV1 Electro-Willys, 52 M100 Juice Box
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar. 2016 at 6:32pm
I really don't know the Village very well, but I shouldn't have any trouble finding someone who does, to talk to. I've been thinkin' now ( watch out!), it might make a pretty nice day, we could explore Chicken Park along the way, maybe Creedmore Lake, we might be able to get some fishing in.
I was thinking of one day making a trip to Halligan Reservoir, too.
All in favor of doing some fishing, raise your hand!   BW

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>