Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Tech Questions and Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Oil Lines Diagram for 1947

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THEFARM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oil Lines Diagram for 1947
    Posted: 24 Nov. 2014 at 2:19am
Does anyone have a diagram of where the oil lines attach to the engine, oil filter, and pressure gauge? Thanks in advance,Jimmy
Tin Badge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tin Badge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov. 2014 at 2:54am
Family Motto "If its not broken lets take it apart and lose some of the pieces and then it will be"
THEFARM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THEFARM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov. 2014 at 3:09am
Thanks Tin Badge. Those are great pictures just what I needed. I used to live in WV in the 60's, Gassaway and Durbin. I love that state. Thanks a lot. Jimmy
Tin Badge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tin Badge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov. 2014 at 5:00am
For sure WV is a great place to live. And Gassaway is a very nice town.  
I took pic's of mine and by no means am saying they are right/period correct but here they are. Also I have new ones to install as I want to get rid of the braded one and the top one is starting to crack. But that's going to be one of my winter projects. Hope it helps. Scott 
Family Motto "If its not broken lets take it apart and lose some of the pieces and then it will be"
Tin Badge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tin Badge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov. 2014 at 5:08am
Also here is a helpful hint that I always use when wanting to find something on here. Go to Google and type in CJ2A and then what ever you are looking for after that and then click on images and you should get a bunch. Then just scroll over the pictures and about 75% of them are from this site and just open it in a new tab and it will bring you to the thread that is discussing it here. Its almost better than the search function here especially if you wanting to see the photo. I pretty much use this method for anything I am looking for here or elsewhere. Not a web master by any means but it works pretty well.  
GARGOYLEJEEPER View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GARGOYLEJEEPER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov. 2014 at 6:35am
Nice tip,
Google works good for spelling also.
1948 CJ-2A 232505

Just trying to fix the world one Jeep at a time.
THEFARM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THEFARM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov. 2014 at 12:32pm
Thanks for the Tip and all the other pictures. Is the last picture with the transparent line to the oil pressure gauge.
Tin Badge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tin Badge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov. 2014 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by THEFARM THEFARM wrote:

Thanks for the Tip and all the other pictures. Is the last picture with the transparent line to the oil pressure gauge.
Yes. Here is a better photo with a little more light if it helps.

Edited by Tin Badge - 24 Nov. 2014 at 5:25pm
 Post Reply Post Reply