Forum Home Forum Home > Bantam Trailer - Discussion - For Sale - Wanted > Bantam Trailer - Tech Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Removing ballooned sides

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickeykelley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Removing ballooned sides
    Posted: 19 Mar. 2017 at 3:08am
The PO apparently used the trailer to haul gravel (found pieces stuck in places). He even converted the tailgate into a bottom swing dump truck style. I've rectifyed that part, but the weight he carried apparently ballooned out the front and sides. For those that may have tackled this, how did you approach it? For the front, I was thinking about turning it upright on its tail, then using my Bobcat to put pressure on some lengthwise 4 by 4's. But a Bobcat doesn't really give me the smooth, precise, slow controlled push I rather use. Then the sides?

Edited by mickeykelley - 19 Mar. 2017 at 3:10am
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar. 2017 at 3:30am
Search metal "shrinking" . .  I had never heard of it before this year,  but am amazed at how much "bow" can be taken out of a panel.    I used acetylene torch for the heat.  
 Post Reply Post Reply