Forum Home Forum Home > Suggestions, Comments and Testing > Product Review Forum > Electrical Group
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rhode Island Wiring CJ2A Harnesses

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timcj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rhode Island Wiring CJ2A Harnesses
    Posted: 29 Nov. 2016 at 12:56am
Dear Fellow CJ2A Owners,

I wanted to follow through on a promise I made a few months ago to Travis from Rhode Island Wiring. I am the proud owner of #69376, a very original example from 1946. The only major items that I have discovered to be non-original is the OD paint and the motor.

Back in June I decided to finally get the old guy back on the road after a 9 year absence from the outside world. The wiring appeared to be very frail and I had no idea what I was about to get myself into. After many internet searches and of this forum, I decided to purchase individual harnesses from Rhode Island Wiring. I soon learned that they were lacking a few of the harnesses I needed, the main one was the dash and engine harness, body and taillight harness, and original bullet type parking light harness.

They had some listed in their catalog, they just hadn't been matched/confirmed to fit the range of serial numbers that my jeep fit into to. I offered to send in my originals to see if they were indeed original and to have them documented for others to purchase. I received the good news last week that my harnesses were authentic, original, and unmolested. My system remains original and 6 volt with keyed coil, generator, bullet parking lights, and NACO taillight.

They now offer the following parts for consumption:

Part #6299 Parking Light Bucket Wires (for original bullet type Corcoran Brown buckets).
Part #6300 Dash and Engine Harness
Part #6301 Body and Taillight Harness (for original NACO Standard taillight)

They are a confirmed match for serial number range 51228 thru 75448 per the 1945-1949 Willys Master Parts List.

I hope this helps someone out there who may not have had an alternative to their wiring woes before. The total cost to totally rewire my entire '46 correctly was around $425 plus/minus.I know you can find them cheaper out there, however I don't think you can find ones that are as close to original as theirs. This isn't intended as a slight to other products out there.

Kudos go out to the guys at Rhode Island Wiring; Travis, Mark, and Dylan. They love vintage vehicles as much as we do and will patiently listen to your concerns and answer your questions without hesitation.

Tim

Edited by timcj2a - 29 Nov. 2016 at 1:30am
1946 CJ2A #69376

Chula Vista, CA

Post Reply Post Reply