Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Safety reminder

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 63owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Safety reminder
    Posted: 28 Aug. 2015 at 1:43pm
A local man will killed the other day when the Ford truck he was working on slipped off the jackstands and crushed his chest.
I never met the guy but this did hit home for me and probably most of you since we're always tinkering with these things. The thing is, the factory where he worked had just announced it was closing a couple of days prior to this happening. So he may not have had his mind completely on what he was doing. That happens to all of us.
Be safe. Grab a fender and shake the whole thing a bit before you climb under it. If it's going to fall, better it fall then. It may damage some parts but we can replace those.
Now, back to your regularly scheduled programming.
SlowPocono View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SlowPocono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug. 2015 at 1:55pm
Thanks.

We all know about the dangers and the safety rules, but we become complacent.

Being reminded to think ahead is good.

Learning from someone else's disaster is sad, but it can help the rest of us survive.
BrianJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BrianJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug. 2015 at 4:15pm
I'm not sure if the larger units are wider, but I have 6ton stand from when I had my larger vehicles.

I usually leave the front on drive up ramps, even if I jack it up to put them under it.  Four corners with jackstands are unstable, I learned that when I was younger.  If nothing else, place the tires, etc under somewhere you aren't working so it'll hit on them.
Brian Jenkins

1946 CJ2A - SN: 12275
 Post Reply Post Reply