Forum Home Forum Home > Other Vehicles Area > Other Vehicles - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This MB Worth it?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kvanleuven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: This MB Worth it?
    Posted: 22 Oct. 2014 at 2:24pm
This is an MB I have the opportunity to get for $500. However, cost to go get it would be about $1000 so I am into it $1500. Think it is worth it or would I be better off to spend $1500 locally on an MB when I can find one? 

I know CJ2a, 3a, 3b well but never had an MB. 

rocketeer View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct. 2014 at 3:13pm
In my opinion any complete WWII jeep is worth $1500. Others may differ. That's not an MB windshield (early CJ2A). I don't see tool indents either, but that is a FF rear diff. Is there a photo of the back? Having had a plow on it there could be damage to the frame so check it out real good.

Edited by rocketeer - 22 Oct. 2014 at 3:15pm
kvanleuven View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kvanleuven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct. 2014 at 3:16pm
I can post up more pics. The inside showed having seat frames. It rolls free. Also showed a glovebox. I know motor is stuck.
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct. 2014 at 3:25pm
Does it have an MB motor?  T-84 tranny?  What about a title?
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kvanleuven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct. 2014 at 3:27pm
No title, and I dont know about the motor and tranny. Its 1200 miles away. Guy wants $500 for it. The rest of the cost is transport. Its kind of a gamble. Hard for me to get much info from them and its not something I can go see first. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kvanleuven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct. 2014 at 3:29pm
kody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct. 2014 at 4:10pm
you will deffinantly have some rust issues in the tub no tool indents equals they were patched over at one time, there is also what looks like a patch plate on the passenger side and the rust through dent in the rear left corner. the passenger side of the hood looks like it is sticking farther out than the drivers side, mine did this and it was due to a front end colision and the frame being kinked which is fixable or you can replace the frame for a couple hundred if thats the reason other than that the tub looks fairly straight you can see rust under the paint on alot of the panels which says little bondo.  and when you get there you might be able to talk him out of the one in the background for another 500. go for it.

http://g503.com/forums/
if you cant fix it with a hammer you must have an electrical problem
1942 ford gpw dod march 26
1946 cj2a wyatt
1946 cj2a rusty
?????? cj2a
1943 bantam
1943 willys mbt
1977 cj5       
scoutpilot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scoutpilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct. 2014 at 4:40pm
The first question to answer, given the current info is; What are your intentions for the Jeep?
athawk11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athawk11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct. 2014 at 4:54pm
I had an opportunity to buy a very complete MB with a stuck GPW engine.  When I say complete, I mean it.  It still had the original blackout lamp on the fender, and data plates on the dash.  He wanted $2,000.00 .  I couldn't pull the trigger.  A stuck engine scared me at that time.  

A guy from the G503 bought it...then immediately sold it for over $4,000.00.  He didn't even bother to free up the engine.

Tim

Edited by athawk11 - 22 Oct. 2014 at 4:57pm
1- 1946 CJ2A   
2- 1949 CJ3A
WeeWilly View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WeeWilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct. 2014 at 4:55pm
Since there isn't any of the military brackets data plates etc. and as bad as shape that it is in I would have to pass over it and wait for a better deal. That delivery cost would be the killer.

Jim
47 CJ2A (Ranch Hand) 48 CJ2A, 48 Willys truck, T3C 3782, M274 (Military Mule)
robwkamm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robwkamm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct. 2014 at 5:39pm
tough call. I just picked up a 46 cj2a and they said take the parts jeep with it. its a 42 script tub gpw. rotten but pretty complete. major project. I would probably buy the 500 $ jeep if it was local. 1500 not sure.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kvanleuven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct. 2014 at 5:54pm
Yeah, I am leaning more towards letting someone local have it. 

Post Reply Post Reply