Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TightSteer video

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepRoger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TightSteer video
    Posted: 12 Dec. 2014 at 3:55pm
CJ2APage friends:

About a month ago I finished a quick video on TightSteer that you might find informative. It shows how the unit works, how it is installed, and how a CJ2A handles with a TightSteer installed.

You can find it at:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2yfDKF1uZA

….R
Roger in California
'46 CJ2A 38503
'47 CJ2A 142084
'46 T3C Bantam trailer
bretto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bretto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec. 2014 at 3:59pm
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec. 2014 at 4:07pm
Congrats on a great idea and product
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
JeepRoger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepRoger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec. 2014 at 4:18pm
Bretto - thanks for the link!

I should add that these are available from my (www.siminoffjeeparts.com) or from Walck's or Kaiser-Willys. (And, I'm running a Holiday Special only for my CJ2APage friends - see classified, parts by members.)
…R
Roger in California
'46 CJ2A 38503
'47 CJ2A 142084
'46 T3C Bantam trailer
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec. 2014 at 2:33am
IMHO, this is one of the Best upgrades for a flat fender jeep , well worth the money.

Lee
               LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
“If you wait, you only get older”
67 M715
American Made Rolling History
Tin Badge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tin Badge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec. 2014 at 8:06am
click free
Nice Vid
Family Motto "If its not broken lets take it apart and lose some of the pieces and then it will be"
hillbilly21 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hillbilly21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec. 2014 at 12:24pm
 I HAVE BOUGHT SEVERAL OF THESE FOR CUSTOMERS HERE AT MY SHOP...  SPOT ON Thumbs Up...WELL WORTH THE $$$
1946 CJ2a POW-MIA
51 M38 ORIGINAL
PRES NCFFC
www.eastcoastwillys.org
hillbillystoys.phanfare.co
GARGOYLEJEEPER View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GARGOYLEJEEPER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec. 2014 at 1:22am
Nice invention, saw it when it first came out, installed a few. Now if we can get auto rotating pins or roller bearing pins and bearings instead of bushings we would have it made.
1948 CJ-2A 232505

Just trying to fix the world one Jeep at a time.
jaksjep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaksjep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec. 2014 at 2:25am
And don't forget the magic transmission leak stopper thing!!!
My posts are my personal opinion and are not legal advice as I am not an attorney. If you act on any of my comments you do so at your own risk.
GARGOYLEJEEPER View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GARGOYLEJEEPER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec. 2014 at 4:30am
Self sealing oil.
1948 CJ-2A 232505

Just trying to fix the world one Jeep at a time.
jaksjep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaksjep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec. 2014 at 7:26am
Originally posted by GARGOYLEJEEPER GARGOYLEJEEPER wrote:

Self sealing oil.

Maker, brand name, weight, cost, vendor???????

I need it very very badly!!!!!!  Cry  Censored
My posts are my personal opinion and are not legal advice as I am not an attorney. If you act on any of my comments you do so at your own risk.
jaksjep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaksjep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec. 2014 at 7:29am
Should I add the TightSteer in addition to the drag link repair kit????
Pat T. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat T. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec. 2014 at 2:08pm
Hi have a tightsteer coming in the mail in a few days and I have grease in the steering box and Roger suggest to get the grease out. Now without taking the steering box off the jeep he suggest that take out the bottom bolts on the box and blow air into the open where you would put oil in. I figured I would put alittle oil in the box to thin the grease and blow the grease out that hopefully would be thinned by the oil. Has anybody tried this , I was wondering how this would effect the seal around the sector shaft. My box was rebuild a few years ago so the seal should be fairly new and probably won't hurt it but was wondering if anybody else has tried this and how it turned out.

Pat
surveypunk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surveypunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec. 2014 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by Pat T. Pat T. wrote:

Now without taking the steering box off the jeep he suggest that take out the bottom bolts on the box and blow air into the open where you would put oil in. I figured I would put alittle oil in the box to thin the grease and blow the grease out that hopefully would be thinned by the oil.
Pat

Don't know about your question, but I can just imagine the mess this is going to make! Ouch I'm going to have to do the box cleanout myself soon and have already resolved to remove it for the operation. Would like to her your results, should you try this.

JB
drew46cj2a View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drew46cj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec. 2014 at 5:23pm
Pat maybe a hot air gun to warm it up just enough to not damage seals, please let me now how the tight steer works im triing to decide what steering up grade i should do
Pat T. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat T. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec. 2014 at 5:40pm
I like the idea of warming the grease a little and maybe with some oil it will come out better. I won't have the tight steer for about a week so it will be awhile before I do it and with Christmas also. I will let drew46cj2a how it works. My steering is new but just a little movement in the steering wheel and when I adjusted the screw to tighten up the steering it made it to tight. So hopefully this tight steer will fix the problem

Pat
otto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote otto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec. 2014 at 6:12pm
Pat T,

I did just what you are describing last spring, had grease in the steering box instead of oil. What I did was to remove the left fender and remove the steering box's cover while the box stayed in place. I just scooped out much of the grease and put the cover back in place. Then refilled with oil; I sleep better now. 
47 CJ2A w/fuel injected boat engine
48 CJ2A
64 Ford Econoline Travelwagon
If you can't get there in a Jeep, get a motorcycle!
ralf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ralf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec. 2014 at 6:46pm
I bought two of these when they first came out.  Lost them both before they got installed.  Cleaning out the home shop and found both yesterday.  Too cold to go out to the hangar and install.  Am I the only guy that does this?  Wish I could find that 6 volt Petronix ignition.
1947 CJ2A
1948 CJ2A
1953 Ford NAA Golden Jubilee Tractor

1941 J-3 Cub
1957 Farmall Cub Low Boy tractor
1942 Clarktor WW2 tug
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>