Forum Home Forum Home > Buying, Selling or Trading > CJ2A Page Member Created Parts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Web Straps

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hopps1945 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Web Straps
    Posted: 26 Jan. 2015 at 5:29am
So I am in the process of getting the material to make a set of straps for my MB and I got thinking, since I will have extra material, it would be cool to make a set of straps for my Grandpa's CJ2a too.  The problem is, I have no idea what any of the strap lengths are for the CJs as my main interest is in the MB/GPWs.  With that, to get a good price on material, I have to buy more than just a few pieces.  So will have the ability to produce more than just a few sets of MB/GPW straps at this time and once I can obtain the sizes for the CJs I can produce a few of them.

For the MB/GPWs I am making the axe, shovel, top storage strap(2 needed), top bow storage strap (2 needed) and the jerry can holder (with correct buckle).

I have the webbing lined up along with the black tonguless (or also know as friction) buckles in 1" ready but the only issue I have at this time is I cannot seem to find the correct 'C' tips (or also known as Strap tips) in black.  I did have one supplier lined up but they no longer carrier them in black but other finishes.  I can (and at this time will) get the black ball tips to use. 
I know the tips are available via retail from a few companies but I don't want to pay the price they want.  So I will continue to look.

If there is any interest, I would be more that happy to make the parts.  I have the industrial sewing machine to do the job and I would love to get some use out of it too as it has been sitting for too long.  Big smile

Nick
1943 GPW
1945 MB
zooke581 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zooke581 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan. 2015 at 1:55pm
I'd be interested.  Prices on what you'd be asking?  Also extra length straps for general purpose attaching crates and such would be handy.
General William C. Lee Chapter of the 101st Airborne Division Association. B Btry 1/321 FA 76-78

http://va101stairborne.com
http://sundialmotosports.com
http://kalamals.com
dsc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dsc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan. 2015 at 3:34pm
Hello
I would be interested in the windshield holding strap and the bow rods holding strap with the buckle for my cj2a.
Could you help me with the price.
hopps1945 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hopps1945 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan. 2015 at 12:13am
Originally posted by zooke581 zooke581 wrote:

I'd be interested.  Prices on what you'd be asking?  Also extra length straps for general purpose attaching crates and such would be handy.

I am working on pricing as I type.  Waiting for more info from a couple of vendors before I put anything else.  Just to confirm these will have the 'D' style (or otherwise known as ball tip) on the ends as I have not found a supplier of the correct 'C' tip.

As for general purpose straps, I would be able to make any length you may need. 

Until I can gather all the correct info for CJ straps, I am dead in the water in that department.  But give me time and I'll figure it out. 

Hopefully by next week, price will be hammered out and product will be ordered.

Thanks for the interest!
Nick
1943 GPW
1945 MB
lowenuf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lowenuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan. 2015 at 2:15am
Originally posted by hopps1945 hopps1945 wrote:

I am working on pricing as I type.  Waiting for more info from a couple of vendors before I put anything else.  Just to confirm these will have the 'D' style (or otherwise known as ball tip) on the ends as I have not found a supplier of the correct 'C' tip.

Until I can gather all the correct info for CJ straps, I am dead in the water in that department.  But give me time and I'll figure it out. 

Thanks for the interest!

Check with "jpet"......   info on straps has already been disclosed in previous years, and in previous threads.....  try searching for it..  :)
45 #10012
45 #10033 ACM #47
45 #10163 ACM #188
57 CJ5    Dauntless V6, T-18 4-speed, D-44 rear/D-30 front, D-20 twin stick

hopps1945 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hopps1945 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan. 2015 at 2:37am
Originally posted by lowenuf lowenuf wrote:

Originally posted by hopps1945 hopps1945 wrote:

Thanks for the interest!

Check with "jpet"......   info on straps has already been disclosed in previous years, and in previous threads.....  try searching for it..  :)

Yeah I figured. On my list to do when I have a moment.  Getting cost put together on the MB/GPW stuff here momentarily and price for custom length too.
Nick
1943 GPW
1945 MB
hopps1945 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hopps1945 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan. 2015 at 4:51am
MB/GPW pricing.

Axe/Shovel kit: $15.00 plus shipping

Top Storage (straps under passenger seat) (includes 2) $15.00 plus shipping

Top Bow Hold Down straps (2 included): $15.00 plus shipping

Jerry Can Holder (With rivets and correct style buckle) $15.00 plus shipping

If you buy the complete set (all the above), Shipping will be free.

All hardware will be black and at this time Ball Tips will be used on all straps.  Webbing is a Type III OD#7

The only hiccup is the buckles for the jerry can holder are back-ordered.  Should be available in about 30 days.  By the time I order material and start producing, I will probably be about 30 days out before the first few will be ready anyways. 

As for custom straps, PM or email me with what you need and quantity and we can work out a price. 

Nick
1943 GPW
1945 MB
dsc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dsc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan. 2015 at 4:41pm
What would be the cost and number of these straps for a cj2a ? I Would be interested in the whole set for my cj2a.
waiting for the update.
hopps1945 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hopps1945 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan. 2015 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by dsc dsc wrote:

What would be the cost and number of these straps for a cj2a ? I Would be interested in the whole set for my cj2a.
waiting for the update.

Hi Dsc,

I'm still running into issues with getting all the specifications for the CJ2a straps so at this time I have nothing.  Would love to make a set for you but until I can get all the lengths and such I am dead in the water.  I am interested in doing it as I would love to make a set for my Grandfather's CJ2a.

Once I get the info I will let you know.

Nick
1943 GPW
1945 MB
hopps1945 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hopps1945 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb. 2015 at 8:22pm
Hey guys just to let everyone know this is still in the works.  Still waiting for an out of stock buckle that should be available by the end of the month. 
Nick
1943 GPW
1945 MB
dsc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dsc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr. 2015 at 7:00am
Hi hopps
Any update.
thanks
hopps1945 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hopps1945 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr. 2015 at 4:00pm
Hey DSC,

The wait for the out of stock buckle keeps getting pushed out.  So at this point I am dead in the water and shelved it until I can get the buckles needed to finish.  They assure me July but the way it has been going..... Will see...
Nick
1943 GPW
1945 MB
dsc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dsc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr. 2015 at 5:18pm
fine hopps
happy to wait for the web straps.
thanks
dsc
 Post Reply Post Reply