Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Tech Questions and Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Willys Logo Stencil

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jluckow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Willys Logo Stencil
    Posted: 05 Jan. 2009 at 3:10am

If you are cheap like me, you can use an exacto knife and cut out a stencil of the Willys logo, so that you can paint the letters.  I'm pretty sure white letters or outlined letters weren't original, but I think it looks nice.   

Attached here is the stencil I'm using.  I put it in Microsoft PowerPoint and adjusted the size (%), then cut out the center of the letters to make the stencil.  I'd just right mouse click and save the picture to your computer.

Joel

1946 Willys CJ2A #26616

http://jluckow.googlepages.com/home
samcj2a View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samcj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan. 2009 at 3:38am
That was a great idea, Joel. Clap
Sam

1946 CJ2A   15292 ACM    6678

1947 CJ2A 122031 ACM 111989

Are Glass Bowl Fuel Pumps OE?
Richard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan. 2009 at 6:52pm
I have used this trick over and over..the best way to do it is to print your stencil in a copier onto the clear plastic sheets used for overhead projection..just put a sheet in the paper tray after you get sized correctly..its easier to cut and easier to use..lasts longer than paper as well..
Richard Brown
1947 2A
1948 3A Agri-Jeep
http://jbrown40.myphotoalbum.com
 Post Reply Post Reply