Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Jeep Photos and Stories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lets see yer Luzon Red Jeeps!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
dsc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dsc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan. 2019 at 5:27pm
This is the closest we could get on one of our recent projects. 

Steelyard Blues View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelyard Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan. 2019 at 1:56am
1947 CJ2A 106327, Engine J109205, Tub 97077. Luzon Red

https://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/steelyard-blues_topic41024_post397981.html?KW=micah+movie#397981

1965 Johnson Furnace Company M416 #6-1577
Steelyard Blues View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Steelyard Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan. 2019 at 1:53am
Veronica looks a little too red to me. Maybe it’s just the photo.

The underside of my Jeep had an amazing amount of original paint. I had a paint store scan it. The came up with a 99% match. I had a spray can made up and I think it is a perfect match.

1947 CJ2A 106327, Engine J109205, Tub 97077. Luzon Red

https://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/steelyard-blues_topic41024_post397981.html?KW=micah+movie#397981

1965 Johnson Furnace Company M416 #6-1577
usmcpmi View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote usmcpmi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan. 2019 at 4:06pm
Veronica was originally Luzon Red (I believe from the paint left showing)
Here she is now...
'48 CJ2A/192948
'15 Wrangler Rubicon

Mark G.
Wolfbrancher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wolfbrancher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan. 2019 at 3:23pm
Does anyone have a current Color Code for Luzon Red?  I took my PTO shroud to Sherwin Williams yesterday and they came up with this.  5AC-2826597-00 but now I'm wondering if that is correct, and if the PTO shroud was a different red.  It seems brighter (like Harvard red) than what I've seen from color ships of Luzon Red and a small portion of my firewall that shows the original color.
D/spike
'47 CJ2A
TerryB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep. 2012 at 8:59pm
yyz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yyz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep. 2012 at 3:11am
just got this 1948 cj2a and there a there are a few places that seem to have a bit of the original Luzon Red

under the hood

and a little on what is left of cross member that went under the missing tool box

there are a few other spots showing though the green paint that was sprayed over the whole jeep

"if you can't buy off a merc,
     who can you trust?"
cgflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cgflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep. 2012 at 2:18am
Here is ours before she was tore down.

Tom G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep. 2012 at 9:07pm
Thanks for the reply re Universal Beige.  Would like to match using your color card.  Unfortunately not on FB.  Can you send an email to twg02@yahoo.com, and I will reply?  Happy to promise to return.
1949 CJ2A #221763
Red48 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep. 2012 at 2:28am
Well thanks for the endorsement, Jeep Lady, but I have to give credit where credit is due, and I could not have have done it without a lot of help from everyone here.    Yours is looking great. Can't wait to see her when she's "done".
48 CJ2A 175088
Jeep Lady View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeep Lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep. 2012 at 2:18pm
Thanks, Red48.  It ought to look good.  I used pictures of your Jeep to show my resto man how a really nice CJ2a should look.  So thank you for setting the standard. Thumbs Up Still have a ways to go before mine can stand up to yours, but I'm working on it.  I'll be posting more pix when it's actually "done" (we know that's a fantasy). I just hijacked it for a few days while waiting for parts to rebuild the steering gear box.
TnFFC facebook page
TennesseeFlatFenderClub@yahoo.com

'47 CJ2A 125829
'46 CJ2A 72736 Rust Bucket

Red48 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep. 2012 at 11:56pm
Whether your windshield is a little tweeked or not, Jeep Lady, it still looks like a sweet ride. And Mom looks pretty happy too.   
48 CJ2A 175088
Jeep Lady View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeep Lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep. 2012 at 6:10pm
I think you are right, samcj2a.  If you put a straight edge next to the windshield frame on the picture you can really see it.  Likely the source of the warped appearance I mentioned.  Also likely caused by the means you noted.  looks to me like it could be a fairly easy fix.  I'll point it out to the resto guy............just when I though the spending spree was over. Cry

If the rain clears I will get it out later and take some more pics.  Looks like the windshield warp starts lower on the other side and is more pronounced.  Without the bend it probably would look closer to the angle on  jpets.
TnFFC facebook page

'47 CJ2A 125829

samcj2a View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samcj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep. 2012 at 1:40pm
Not to dwell on your windshield, but something that I noticed in your photo, above, is a slight rearward bend in the upper part of the windshield frame, perhaps half way up near the round portion of the lollipop bracket/adjusting arm.  That was caused, most likely, by people using the windshield as a grab bar when getting in the Jeep.  As for the overall angle, to me it looks very close to jpet's except for that little bend.

Edited by samcj2a - 08 Sep. 2012 at 1:49pm
Sam

1946 CJ2A   15292 ACM    6678

1947 CJ2A 122031 ACM 111989

Are Glass Bowl Fuel Pumps OE?
Jeep Lady View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeep Lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep. 2012 at 2:42am
My windshield does seem to be leaning a bit further back than this pic of "The General".  Hope Jeff doesn't mind my borrowing his pic for comparison.  Good eye FBill.  You and a couple of others on here seem to see every little detail that most of the rest of us miss.  It may also have a slight warp to it, which doesn't show in this pic.  Probably will cause fitting problems.  I will confront that when I get to it.  Need some financial recovery time.  Paying someone else to do the work is pricey.  I'm going to make a "Reedkini" using jpet's directions and I can fit it to the Jeep as I go.  I may decide to make a whole top later, but one thing at a time.

We have searched and searched for a better picture of the Jeep when it was new, but nothing has turned up so far. 

TnFFC facebook page

'47 CJ2A 125829

F Bill View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote F Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep. 2012 at 10:03pm
Jeep Lady, that does look really nice.. Is it the angle of the photo or is your windshield leaning too far back? If it is it may cause you headaches fitting the top again. SOmewhere here is a measurement from the windshield to tha back of the tub, check Jpets top threads.....

And the old picture from the 50's is really good. Too bad you don't have a full view from then, it looks like a great stock jeep with all the right stuff on it.
If you haven't checked out the tech FAQ section, go to:
http://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/tech-faq_forum57.html
for a lot of great stuff you need to know!!

Jeep Lady View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeep Lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep. 2012 at 9:01pm
Thanks guys.  I'm delighted.  Still a few little things to do and a few minor glitches to work out.  Muffler guy routed the exhaust system wrong for one thing.  Put the muffler under the gas tank and the tail pipe is just behind the tag and is cooking it!  Gonna do it over.  And the steering gear box has to be rebuilt.  It leaks at the sector shaft from having grease instead of oil in it in a previous life.

My version of Universal Beige was as close as I could get from memory, and it is off quite a bit.  I now have a Nason color chart with Universal Beige on it and will be happy to mail it to you if you will promise to mail it back.  Seeing and matching it in person is the only way I know of to get a really good match.  Computers distort color too much.  Just PM me an address if you would like to see the Nason color chart up close and personal.
TnFFC facebook page

'47 CJ2A 125829

samcj2a View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samcj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep. 2012 at 8:31pm
Nice!
Sam

1946 CJ2A   15292 ACM    6678

1947 CJ2A 122031 ACM 111989

Are Glass Bowl Fuel Pumps OE?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>