Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Clubs for jeeps
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Colorado Flat Fender Club?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lew Ladwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan. 2007 at 7:10pm

BW,

Sounds good to me.  How about you plan an event and let us all know when, where, what.?  From past trips I believe you need a route that takes us past both gas and food on a regular basis.  A good view and changing scene helps too.  I would also say very mild off road with out much gravel spinning as folks are worried about breaking lights and windows and chipping new paint ( myself included! ).  I have found that only a small portion will make any event but if we plan lots of events then we will get everyone sooner or later.  Pick a meeting point where we can park trailers for those who will do that.  Since many of us are long legged we need many stops to get out and stretch.  Most don't have gerry cans for extra gas so we need gas stops.  I would also plan a rain day incase the weather is bad.  About 50% don't have tops and heaters. 

I am game.  I can't wait for spring!

Lew

Lew Ladwig
President of the CFFC and IFFC
http://internationalflatfenderclub.com/index.html
http://www.facebook.com/#!/InternationalFlatFinderClub
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan. 2007 at 8:29pm
Lew, I can understand your concern about gravel&paint, If my 2A was as nice as yours I would be that way too. If we keep some interval & go slow we should be alright. As soon as I can I'll try to pre-run a route or two with the Cherokee, trying to keep the speed down, and plan something. Maybe even, a day trip in the Spring, and an overnighter later in the Summer. CFFC members, Whadya think?  BW
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
Lew Ladwig View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lew Ladwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan. 2007 at 7:17pm
BW,
Bring your ideas to Operation Blizzard this year and we can work out a plan.  I think the sooner we get plans made and out to the folks the more we will have show.  I am sure that a few of the MVCC boys might want to join the ride.
Lew
Lew Ladwig
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan. 2007 at 12:54am
  It'd be great to have them Lew. I gotta get out of the Cabin soon... Wacko  A few of us are going to take a run up into the Cherokee Park area soon in "modern" four-wheelers, I'll get to see how my '88 Cherokee does. Won't tell me much about time &c as pertains to a Summer trip in 2A's, but maybe I can work out some pent-up energy!  BW

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lew Ladwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb. 2007 at 10:17am
BW,
I just got back from the MVCC meeting and the boys said they would like to join in on a easy ride with the CFFC when things warm up.  Things they suggested was easy mountain roads with a possible 4x4 loop for those that want to.  Also, lots of pit stop places for the wives to use the can.  And of course places to eat!
Lew
Lew Ladwig
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb. 2007 at 12:22pm
  That's kinda what I had in mind Lew, but the route I have in mind has mighty little in the way of "can" facilities or food. I was thinking of a restaurant as a last stop, tho.  BW

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lew Ladwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb. 2007 at 12:52pm
Bruce,
email me a copy of your planned route and I will shoot it past Hugh with the MVCC and see if they have any major gripes that would prevent them from joining.  We should also start picking out possible dates to see what does and does not work.  I will act as the link to the MVCC.  I think we might even get Fred to bring his GPA!  Maybe he will take it into Carter Res.! 
Lew
Lew Ladwig
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lew Ladwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar. 2007 at 3:19pm
Attention all CFFC members and other Colorado flat fender owners!  Jeep season is about here.  We want to plan many events for this summer.  If you have an idea please let me know what you want to do.  Maybe a mild trail ride or a smooth highway cruise.  Or just a Saturday afternoon at the local sonic drive-in.  You decide, layout the plan, and pick a time and place.  Not all will make it but hopefully a few will.  We all have conflicts that keep us from doing all events but maybe we can make a few.  Let us know right here or email me your plan at: fladwig@msn.com.  Bruce is planning an event up north, we need some for the Denver area and some down south.  Maybe our mountain friends could pick a mid summer event up there.  I'll post a few soon.
Lew
CFFC
Lew Ladwig
gnkhoffman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnkhoffman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar. 2007 at 11:25pm
Guys:

On Saturday, March 31, at 11 am to 4 pm, the Colorado School of Mines students (society of automotive engineers) is hosting their annual car show in conjunction with E-Days (engineering days).  $20 to enter your car.  Free to come look at the cars. I have taken my 1946 CJ2A each year for the last 4 years; always a great time.

Gary Hoffman
gnkhoffman
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lew Ladwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar. 2007 at 11:42pm
Gary,
that sounds cool.  What all do you get for the $20?  I might try to make that event.
Lew
Lew Ladwig
gnkhoffman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnkhoffman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar. 2007 at 1:12pm

Lew:

You get a T-shirt;  there are typically door prizes given away too.  We are in the process of getting donations for the door prizes.

The students build a car each year, and go back to the mid-west to compete against other college students.  Any money they net from the car show us used to help defer the costs for them to go back to compete.  This year they are building a baja vehicle (usually a tig welded frame, not much larger than a really big gocart, pretty trick suspension, low hp engine).

I haven't decided if I am taking the Jeep this year, or if I am taking my mid-engine V8 Corvair.

Gary

ps  I am up for a Jeep trail ride!
gnkhoffman
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2007 at 10:54pm
Thumbs%20Up  Looks like Bruce has us lined up for a June ride up around Red Feather Lakes or there abouts.  I'm working on a ride over Black Bear Road for mid-late July.  That one could be a high country campout. 

I'd also like to propose a September trip over Aspen Ridge between Buena Vista and Salida.  It's an easy to moderate ride along an aspen covered ridge with great views of the Collegiate Peaks and the Sangre de Cristo range.  It goes thru one of the largest aspen clones in the US.  Runs along the east edge of the proposed Browns Canyon Wilderness area.  Lots of options for extending the ride or making loops the following day.  Good motels available in BV or Salida.  Mt. Princeton Hot Springs is just a few miles away (101 degree pool!) for those achy muscles.  Good restaurants all around or we could host a Bar-B-Que at my place.  

Whadya think????

M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
52 M38 Blue Mule, 51 M100 Blue Mule Tale
52 XM38EV1 Electro-Willys, 52 M100 Juice Box
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2007 at 11:10pm
   That sounds great too Mike, let me be the first to throw a Monkey wrench, I'll be on Sand Creek two weekends in Sept., not sure which ones right now, but it'll be Muzzleloader Elk Season. But I'd be glad to make it otherwise.  BW

m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2007 at 12:45pm
I've added some details for our Black Bear Road adventure to the Black Bear Road event posting so check it out and let me know if you can join us.  If we have a large group, I'll see what I can do to reserve enough camp sites for all. 
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
52 M38 Blue Mule, 51 M100 Blue Mule Tale
52 XM38EV1 Electro-Willys, 52 M100 Juice Box
lmontycj2a View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lmontycj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2007 at 7:49pm
Ouch I'd like to go, but this year no can do. This years budget has to go to getting the Jeepster up and running. I know earlier this year I said I'd go, but that was before I found out the jeepster needed a bunch more work.
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lew Ladwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2007 at 6:46pm
CFFC,
Drop me a fresh email if you want on the email list so you can keep up with events.  Some on the list have email address that don't work.
Lew
Lew Ladwig
Daron Wanberg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daron Wanberg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug. 2007 at 11:43pm
Looking to set a callender run in Georgetown, Colorado. Saturday, September 29, 2007.

Thank you Lou for the continued developement of the Colorado Flat Fender Club.

Daron Wanberg
46 CJ-2A SN 11951
46 CJ-2A SN 17558
46 CJ-2A SN 33283
46 CJ-2A SN 72001
47 CJ-2A SN 98996
48 CJ-2A SN 181941
48 CJ-2A SN 204590
48 Empire SN 6364
49 CJ-2A SN 224406
53 CJ-3A
44 CJ-2 SN CJ2-14 X38 AGRIJEEP

45 2A SN 10011

46 2A SN 17558

46 2A SN 11951

46 2A SN 33283

47 2A SN 98996

48 2A SN 181941

48 2A SN 204590

49 2A SN 224406
<b
jeepermat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeepermat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov. 2007 at 4:17am
Can I be added to the email list?
hopefully I will have my 2a running by early next year
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>