Forum Home Forum Home > The CJ2A Parts Project > Parts List > Cooling System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Upper radiator hoses and clamps

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaryArf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Upper radiator hoses and clamps
    Posted: 30 Dec. 2006 at 2:06pm
                              GROUP 14-02 ---- RADIATOR HOSE
CLAMP, radiator hose, 1 7/8" diam.................PART No. 53813
HOSE, radiator inlet .......................................PART No.  A-6373
TUBE, radiator water inlet connecting.............PART No. 640882

This is from the '45 parts list. The same shown is from Jeep #34692

The tube itself is made of brass, you can see where I hit it with some fine sandpaper, also a magnet didn't stick to it.

One more thing, The tube is 8 1/2" long and 1 1/2" diam. od.
The hoses are 3 1/2" 

Edited by GaryArf - 30 Dec. 2006 at 2:11pm
CJ2A #10021 #34692 #58500

sean View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec. 2006 at 3:34pm
Cool tube!  Mine is steel.
dclear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dclear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec. 2006 at 3:50pm
OH! Sean--whatta laugh!

It's not a cool tube, it's a coolant tube.

Let's not get careless with our nomenclature or mixing nouns, adjectives, and such.  Sure as we do that, someone will begin to understand us, and then we will have lost our cover.

del
del clear

Together we can figure it out, after all, it's only a machine, if a man can build it, a man can fix it. {Author: bkruetz}
GaryArf View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaryArf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan. 2007 at 9:22am
Here is one off Jeep #58500.  As you can see it's steel and has failed (holes in it). I think maybe the brass one was just someones better idea? This one is 8 3/8" X 1 1/2"od

Jeff View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan. 2007 at 9:57am
Gary
any idea if the clamps were black or left unpainted?
Jeff
GaryArf View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaryArf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan. 2007 at 10:01am
All the clamps I've got are not painted. They Are plated with?

dclear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dclear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan. 2007 at 10:48am
The lower clamps on my rig were original, I'm pretty sure.  The uppers might have been, as well, even tho the hose had been changed.  They were PLATED, not painted black.  I suspect, Gary, they were Cadmium plated, which was a common process at least in the mid-50's.  I've gone with aluminum paint since all my local plating shops have closed due to environmental issues with their waste products.  Taint the same look, Cad often had a greenish/yellow tint, but aluminum will do for me since there seems to be no option other than very pricey NOS stuff that is really hard to get anyhow.  Probably there is some repro stuff that "looks" better, but those of you who have seen me realize that "looks" is not one of the qualities I dote on [within reason, of course].
del clear

Together we can figure it out, after all, it's only a machine, if a man can build it, a man can fix it. {Author: bkruetz}
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan. 2007 at 11:28am
Eastwood has a spray paint 'system' that approximates cad plating. It consists of a base color then a couple of topcoat 'tints' that give the yellowish look to it.....never used it but just thought you might want to know about that option.
'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
 Post Reply Post Reply