Forum Home Forum Home > Suggestions, Comments and Testing > Product Review Forum > Electrical Group
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wiring Harness purchase

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHOO46CJ2A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wiring Harness purchase
    Posted: 02 Nov. 2014 at 2:37pm
What's the latest on best/best value on Wiring Harnesses? I just need new and correct, doesn't need to be perfect restoration quality. To my surprise, walcks seemed to have the cheapest rig. I like walcks just usually not the cheapest. Any Suggs/opinions appreciated. Thanks
Matt in Missouri
hillbilly21 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hillbilly21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov. 2014 at 3:15pm
 I HAVE BOUGHT 7 WIRING HARNESSES FROM WALKS SO FAR THIS YEAR WITH TWO MORE COMING ..CJ2A , 3A ,WILLYS TRUCK ALONG WITH A 230 TRUCK & CJ5'S...WE HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS WITH ANY ON THEM...
1946 CJ2a POW-MIA
51 M38 ORIGINAL
PRES NCFFC
www.eastcoastwillys.org
hillbillystoys.phanfare.co
Anderson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anderson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov. 2014 at 3:48pm
Another vote for Walcks.  I even torched a couple of wires due to installer error and Carl made up replacements to get me up and running within a week.  I wish all my internet purchases were as easy as Walcks.

Tim
CHOO46CJ2A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHOO46CJ2A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov. 2014 at 4:25pm
Thanks for the posts. I am getting a "farm" 2a up and running, not a full restore so was just looking at something serviceable. I was surprised to see 1. How much harnesses have come up in the last 5 years and 2. That walcks seemed to have the cheapest. I have no problem going after good quality at a cheap price, just seemed to good to be true!!
Matt in Missouri
porsskar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote porsskar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov. 2014 at 5:19pm
Walcks product is perfect, I bought one that included turn signals 3 years ago, quality remains good after washing etc.
Sten from Finland
1947 CJ2A serial 94118
1949 8NAN Ford tractor
1965 Mahoghany Snipe FIN 14018
athawk11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athawk11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov. 2014 at 7:52pm
I've purchased a couple wire harnesses from Walcks.  In my humble opinion...They are a work of art.

Beautiful and functional.

Tim
1- 1946 CJ2A   
2- 1949 CJ3A
 Post Reply Post Reply