Forum Home Forum Home > The CJ2A Parts Project > Parts List > Paint
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

nNormandy Blue

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dlh714 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb. 2007 at 9:21am
Sam,

I will be glad to check on this for you. I didn't check on that color, but there's a good chance they might be able to come up with a code. It may take a day or two, but I'll do my best.
jeepman 1
Mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb. 2007 at 12:47pm
I have been told that Sunset Redis the same as a 1977 Ford color called Vista Orange. Its code 8G number44746K, in Dupont. I used it on my wheel and it looks idenical to the orginal Sunset Wheels that I have.   Mike
samcj2a View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samcj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb. 2007 at 1:10pm

That's interesting info.  If you are able, it would be great if you were to post photos ( link to same) of the original wheel(s) and one painted with the Ford color. 

Sam

1946 CJ2A   15292 ACM    6678

1947 CJ2A 122031 ACM 111989

Are Glass Bowl Fuel Pumps OE?
Mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb. 2007 at 3:48pm
Sam,
I'll try to get my daughter to take some pictures and post them for me. She's the expert in that field. Give me a couple of days and I will see what I can do.   Thanks you everyone for trying to help me out with the Normandy Blue. I do have some panels that the Harvest Tan showing where the replacement paint has chipped off, plus an original Harvard Red body which I will be getting rid of, if that helps anybody. I would have used it , but it needs floor pans. Mike
uglyjeep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uglyjeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2011 at 6:38pm
I visited the local auto paint vendor, and looked at a color sample from dupont BS448 enamel and compared it with some original Normandy Blue painted part samples that I brought in off of our 1946 2A, and it looks like a very close match.  I will most likely use that number when I order paint soon.

Daniel

Edited by uglyjeep - 16 May 2011 at 6:39pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12