Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dana Spicer 18-H Rear P.T.O.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dana Spicer 18-H Rear P.T.O.
    Posted: 02 Mar. 2015 at 9:22pm

I am new to this site and forum and this is my first post. If I mess up let me know.

I am restoring a ex-U.S. Army 1943 GPW jeep with a Buick V6 engine, with the following:
T90A-1 transmission 3 speed floor shift
Dana Model-18 transfer case
Dana Spicer 18-H rear P.T.O. output assembly bolted to the transfer case.
P.T.O. drive shaft to rear of body/frame
Single lever (in / out) P.T.O. shifter handle

I do not need the rear P.T.O. setup as the military version had none. The jeep was converted to accommodate the rear P.T.O. after its service in the army. I ran the P.T.O. last on February 22, 2015 before dismantling the jeep and had no noticeable issues with its operation. It does not have anything beyond the end of the P.T.O. at the rear of the frame/body except a splined female receptacle.

I wish to remove this item and possibly sell it. My problem is I do not know what to put back in its place on the transfer case so that everything else will work unchanged. I Would like to trade it all towards a overdrive unit f I could. But, the real issue is what do I cover the transfer case hole with? Just a blank cover? or some special stock transfer case cover? I cannot find any information about the xfer case regarding this?

So...forgive my ignorance. Any suggestions?

xpkal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote xpkal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar. 2015 at 9:41pm
About halfway down the page is the Novak cover for the PTO port.

'47 CJ2A #102471
Speedy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar. 2015 at 12:29am
^ its a really nice cover! billet aluminum you dont have to worry about it warping
- Mike
47 CJ2A - Warn OD, Ramsey PT1-J/Koenig 100,Arctic top,Dana 44 30 spline full float with disc's,Dana 30 with discs, 2.5 lift, Saginaw power steering, dual master cylinder
Flash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar. 2015 at 5:27pm
Thanks for the help!
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar. 2015 at 9:29pm
If you are just wanting a stock cover I'd start an ad in the Wanted section.

Plenty of junk transfer cases out there with covers.....shouldn't take long for somebody to get you one out of their junkpile.
'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
 Post Reply Post Reply