Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Your Jeep Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It was a barn find in Maple Ridge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 25>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: It was a barn find in Maple Ridge
    Posted: 07 Nov. 2023 at 5:09pm
Door handles ,  just finished up drawing up a pattern for the door handle , I will use this as a pattern as I form the handles from some 1" bar stock with a little heat and a good hammer they should be relatively easy.
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
92889 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 92889 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov. 2023 at 2:12pm
Where do I place my order?
15 Field RCA
48willys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 48willys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov. 2023 at 6:19pm
That’s some really nice work, that top is coming along beautifully.
1946 cj2a #28680
1948 chevy 3800 thriftmaster
1946-50's cj2a-3a farm jeep
1993 yj, aka the yj7
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov. 2023 at 3:36pm
Windshield clamps , So I shortened the clamps and made the lower door hinges over the last couple of days and changing the upper door pin with some trial and error I now have a door that fits properly to the jeep, I like it. 
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct. 2023 at 10:31am
Windshield clamps 
My first attempt at the clamp was not bad, the shape was good but its just a little too long and this is throwing off the door geometry so back to the drawing board and a little more attention to measurements. 
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct. 2023 at 12:27am
Windshield clamp progress
Shaping the windshield clamp and fitting it today slow progress but still progress.
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug. 2023 at 2:56pm
I will keep it in mind , I will make sure they fit properly first and go from there.Thumbs Up
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
bight View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug. 2023 at 3:19pm
you might consider making up a dozen or so sets of those while in the groove. there are always peeps looking for them.

then post on member created parts page?
CJ-2A 72586 tan (stock)
CJ-2A 197624 green (resto-mod)
the wife abides (def: to bear patiently; TOLERATE)
bight View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug. 2023 at 3:15pm
dang! thats nice!
CJ-2A 72586 tan (stock)
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug. 2023 at 1:14am
Top Bows , Tonight I made myself a rod bender to shape the door opening bars and I think the first one came out very good, I still need to flatten out the one end and weld on the tab for the vertical rod and drill the holes in the end but pretty good for one night. 
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
bight View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2023 at 6:25am
very nicely done
CJ-2A 72586 tan (stock)
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2023 at 1:36am
Top Bows , Made some tabs for the front bows that connect to the upper door rod, now because I couldn't duplicate the tighter radius at the top of my bows I had to weld the tabs opposite to what they are on the originals to get the correct height.  
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2023 at 11:19am
Top Bows, I decided to make some home made top bows now they are not true bows but they will work for now , the idea is to have a little more protection from the rain and snow in the winter. Next on the list is to try and make the door bars and windshield clamps , and just keep on going from there.
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
John M. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2023 at 11:19pm
Thank you for info on the seat brackets. Your information is exactly what I had found out a bit earlier from someone else
Thank your for your help.
John
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2023 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by dasvis dasvis wrote:

No lead?
Just haven't spooled it on yet , I have lots of cable and now I was thinking of making a roller fairlead based on what I have seen in some photos and brochures I have seen  
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
dasvis View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dasvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2023 at 11:21pm
No lead?
1947 CJ2A #88659 "Rat Patrol"
1953 CJ3A #453-GB1 11266 "Black Beauty"
1964 Thunderbird convertible
..... & one of them moves under it's own power!!
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2023 at 9:23pm
Ramsey winch 
Well I finished the winch up today with drilling and installing a grease zirk for the end shaft and bushing and then mounting up the winch, next step is to fab up a PTO shaft and support.
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2023 at 12:53am
Originally posted by dasvis dasvis wrote:

[/QUOT
Sorry I didn't get any good pict of the gear teeth themselves but mine had little to no wear on them, the only problem when I tore into the winch was the bearings on the worm gear were bad and the bushings for the shaft were dry , this was from water in the oil, if you have any questions on how it comes apart just message me and I will try and help if needed.  
[/QUOTE]

No, I saw the teeth on yours & they look a LOT better than mine...
 I was wondering if they were supposed to be dished in the middle & it looks like they are. Mine has some burrs on the outer edge. I don't think they will cause an issue, but we will see. I will likely just take my dremel & smooth them over a bit.
  I swear if I'm not using that dremel I'm not working on the Willys.
[/QUOTE]
Yes they are dished to match up with the worm gear , you are on the right track.
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 25>