Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Your Jeep Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It was a barn find in Maple Ridge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 25>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep. 2019 at 3:06am
Originally posted by JayBob JayBob wrote:

Looks great!

If you don't mind, do you have the paint code and where you got it from?  I want to do mine Pasture Green with the Autumn Yellow wheels.  Thanks!

Jay

I had it mixed locally and they are a Sherwin Williams / Dimension D2 Green 31494 if that helps
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
JayBob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep. 2019 at 9:08am
Originally posted by shadow shadow wrote:

Originally posted by JayBob JayBob wrote:

Looks great!

If you don't mind, do you have the paint code and where you got it from?  I want to do mine Pasture Green with the Autumn Yellow wheels.  Thanks!

Jay

I had it mixed locally and they are a Sherwin Williams / Dimension D2 Green 31494 if that helps

Thanks!  I have a buddy who called the only two SW stores that do auto paint within a couple hundred miles from here and they said they couldn't recreate the Pasture Green...so thanks for that code!  Funny, one of the two SW stores was even in Toledo...and they can't recreate the original Willys paint...lol.
1948 Willys CJ2A (restoration in progress)
1952 Ford 8N tractor restored
1997 Jeep TJ 265,000 miles, DD and mudder...I like to live dangerously.
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep. 2019 at 3:44am
Well it was just a little to wet to go for a drive today so into the garage to finish up the heater and my front park lights, so with the heater I needed to remove a plug in the water pump and install a barbed hose fitting and install the heater hoses and checking over the heater mounting to make sure all is tight then on to the heater controls setting up one switch for the defrost and one for the heater and routing the defroster tubing, so for now I have just run the hose up along the steering column and held in place with the bow bracket and the windshield lollypop until I can fab up a defuser, after burping the air out of the cooling system I was impressed with the heater and defroster on its output with lots of hot air flow for the windshield.            Next I was on to my front park lights or more like what was my park lights, they were both in very rough shape with a broken lenses dents and severe rust on the bezels and body, after some hammer work and using JB weld to fill the rust holes I moved into repairing the bulb sockets and connections , I was able to find a Pico connector and spring that fit in the socket with some new wire and paint and a Market place find for odd and ends box I also have a replacement lenses that will work for now until I can find the correct lenses.    
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov. 2019 at 4:10pm
So its been a little while since my last post but I have been out driving the jeep at every chance I get, so with the cooler weather I now need to finish up some little bits and pieces like the defroster, I have been caught twice now out late at night with fogged up windows .
I built a defroster defuser for the windshield that can be removed or installed in a matter of moments utilizing the bow keeper wing nuts on the windshield. One of the things I am still working out is the size of the holes in the tube I started off small at 1/8" and been working up in size , my theory was small hole hi velocity but the fan is not capable of the pressure so I started to open up the holes for more volume so we will see how well this works .
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
Richard J View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Richard J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov. 2019 at 4:37pm
what a great idea !
Richard
Flatfender Ben View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Flatfender Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov. 2019 at 1:28am
That’s a great looking defrost. 
Well done. 
1946 cj2a desert dog
1946 cj2a bulldog
1948 cj2a blue jeep
1953 cj3b yard dog
1955 willys wagon
1955 willys pickup
1956 willys pickup boomer
1960 fc 170
1968 jeepster commando
1990 Grand wagoneer
92889 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 92889 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov. 2019 at 4:45am
Brilliant!!
I like it.
15 Field RCA
thesnoops View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote thesnoops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec. 2019 at 1:03pm
Spent last few days reading your post. Thank you for documenting your progress and answering questions. In doing so you’ve given me inspiration to continue on my Jeep. Thank you!
LuzonRed47 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LuzonRed47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec. 2019 at 1:41pm
Your Heater/Diffuser system is really well done, thanks for sharing. Those of us in the U.S. upper Midwest will take inspiration from your design and fabrication.
CJ2A #140275 "Ziggie" (purchased new by my dad in 1947)
ACM #124334
CJ3A windshield, Warn Overdrive
1953 Strick M100 trailer
Serial #18253
dasvis View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dasvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec. 2019 at 5:37pm
That is sick!
1947 CJ2A #88659 "Rat Patrol"
1953 CJ3A #453-GB1 11266 "Black Beauty"
1964 Thunderbird convertible
..... & one of them moves under it's own power!!
Hillwillys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hillwillys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec. 2019 at 12:36pm
Man, that defroster setup is nice!
Rus Curtis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rus Curtis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec. 2019 at 3:52pm
Ingenious!
Rus Curtis
Alabama
1954 CJ3B
Bantam T3-C
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar. 2020 at 11:53pm
So its been a while , I have been out driving the jeep every chance I get even in the snow and cold to work, after work, on weekends and sometimes in the rain , not intentionally but today I thought I would check in and check out the charging system and replace a worn out flasher for my signals and check out and adjust the carb, just a little fine tuning nothing serious and open up the holes on my defroster and of course go for a drive for some coffee.
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 4:31am
ok so with the great weather now here is time to start on the seats, I had Michele show me how to use the sewing machine and together we made the covers, she found some canvas duck at a local craft store.
So originally we were going to dye some canvas and go from there until she spotted the canvas duck in khaki so we bought a couple of meters and away we went not knowing anything about upholstery but not wanting to pay an arm and a leg, so with our first attempt it wasn't bad but Michele said we can do better, so with seat cover # 2 it turned out great, now on to the passenger seat.
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
92889 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 92889 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 5:04am
Fantastic!
15 Field RCA
timcj2a View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timcj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 5:34am
Nice work, it's coming together!

1946 CJ2A #69376

Chula Vista, CA

shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 5:37am
I was able to pick up my foam to finish the seats today and didn't waste any time finishing up the passenger seat so now we have some basic creature comforts.
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
92889 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 92889 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 6:00am
You need one more big square cushion in the back for Cooper.
Looks great.
Where do a place my upholstery order?
15 Field RCA
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 25>