Forum Home Forum Home > Other Vehicles Area > Other Vehicles - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Willys Support Vehicle

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug Timme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Willys Support Vehicle
    Posted: 24 Mar. 2016 at 2:29pm
I was a youngster during the height of the van craze.  I was fascinated by the seemingly unlimited range of imagination involved with the custom vans.  I recently picked this one up.  It is a 75 B 200 short wheelbase. It has 92,000 original miles and still wears most of its original paint. Period correct slotted mags and orange shag carpeting sealed the dealBig smile.  It has been sitting for quite a while, so the plan is to get it road worthy, then play with the interior.  BTW, finding Willys parts is a breeze compared to trying to find parts for one of these things. 

mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar. 2016 at 2:32pm
Some moon or star shaped side windows and an A-Team graphics job and you are on your way, lol 

Oh, yeah... don't forget the vented skylights Wink
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar. 2016 at 2:57pm
Shagadelic baaaaby!!

My dad had two or three like that over the years as a land surveyor.....he had the window vans though.
 The last one would have been about that year.....had the opportunity to be in the passenger seat when we rolled it (to my side) when a guy ran a red light and hit us.....ah yeah, good times.

Thing looks straight.....is it a 318?

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
Doug Timme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug Timme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar. 2016 at 3:20pm
Those vented skylights go or around $400. these days for a nice NOS oneConfused, at least the one I would like (the one that looks like a hood scoop).  Parts for these old vans, especially the custom stuff are priced through the roof. 
Chad, it has a 360 2 bbl with a 727.
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar. 2016 at 3:41pm
I had a 79 ramcharger with that 360 2bbl... you should have no lack of get up and go Smile ... thirsty, though
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar. 2016 at 3:48pm
Been my experience some of the 318s are thirstier than the 360s......had a 318 Ramcharger that LOVED gas.

You may be OK with the 360 (especially if there is a trailer in it's future)

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

BlueBaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlueBaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar. 2016 at 3:56pm
break out the 8 tracks!
-Dave
CJ-3A 1953
RICKG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICKG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar. 2016 at 4:08pm
Scooby-Do where are you!!
I never met a mule I didn't like!
MC51986 "OD MULE" DOD 01-52
'50 CJ3A "Bucksnort".
Keep 'em Rollin'
Freedom21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freedom21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar. 2016 at 4:13pm
Back in the day it was a Shaggin' wagon.  Now days it's call a snatcher van.  lol  Diggin' the rims though.
09 JKU
02 KJ
66 CJ-5
48 CJ2A "Lefty"
?? M416
sandusky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandusky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar. 2016 at 4:15pm
Sweet! A GoodFriend had a retired phone company van1ton . That had been converted with the usual Shag Carpet and 8 Track . A bunch of us spent many nights sleeping in it after a night of partying up Iowa City back in the 70's. Darn thing rode like a Lumber Wagon. Drank a lot of Schlitz Malt Liqour in that Van. From what I remember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug Timme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar. 2016 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by BlueBaron BlueBaron wrote:

break out the 8 tracks!

It does not have an 8 tack, but it does have an AM/FM/CBBig smile  I can imagine the parties that this thing has seen, that is why gutting the interior is a priority.  I can only imagine the microbes nesting in the shag... Sort of reminds me of sleeping in the Kings Island Motel LOL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug Timme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar. 2016 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by rocnroll rocnroll wrote:

Been my experience some of the 318s are thirstier than the 360s......had a 318 Ramcharger that LOVED gas.

You may be OK with the 360 (especially if there is a trailer in it's future)

I do think it would be cool to show up at a reunion with this pulling my CJ Cool  Maybe I will airbrush a mural of a CJ sitting by a lake in the mountains... Groovy baby.
Bill Norris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Norris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar. 2016 at 4:53pm
Boy that does bring back some memories! If its not a Mopar muscle car, parts for anything else Pentestar seem to be hard to come by.
The people we carpooled with to school's dad was an engineer at Chrysler. They had 5 kids and we had 4, so they always had a van. The last one they got before they moved to CA was a candy apple green metallic with aqua blue interior. I remember him saying when they unloaded it it had to be a mistake. The dealer said no and laughed...they still have it and its still hideous.

Breaker, breaker for the 10-36 remember saying that a lot on the factory CB
Bill
Holy Toledo! Jeep Calendars and the Dispatcher Jeep magazine

http://dispatchermagazine.com
48cj2a View Drop Down
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48cj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar. 2016 at 4:58pm
That brings back memories...I had a 75 in High School that was gloss black with orange flames on the sides and orange thick shag carpet in the back.

I'll have to dig up a picture and post it...My 318 was so cold blooded, I used to flood it all the time and get stranded until it all evaped. I could get the dog house off and be in the air cleaner in a matter of seconds.
Art C USAF (Retired)

47 CJ2A #134955 Project
48 CJ2A #206759
62 L6226 Station Wagon #58167 10900
45 T3-C #191 Project
http://www.bantamt3c.com
http://www.48cj2a.com
67charger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67charger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar. 2016 at 5:30pm
Put a 440 in it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug Timme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar. 2016 at 5:39pm
There is a guy on one of the van forums that is doing that right now.  That might be something for down the road. 
cjbilly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cjbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar. 2016 at 6:25pm
My EARLY years- late 70's. Beside's my friends loving the picture of me with a mullet and dark hair, the airbrushed mural on the van really dates the picture. That van screams "PARTY TIME".

1984 CJ7
1946 CJ2A- Supersonic motor
1948 CJ2A- Ramsey DP-1 shifter,PTO,front Ramsey MX200-R winch, Newgren lift
1955 Sears Trailer
1955 CJ5- PTO/belt drive,farm weight
1954 CJ3B- trencher,front blade
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar. 2016 at 7:16pm
I've got a 'Purple Shaft'  small block cam straight out of the old Direct Connection catalog, still in the box when decide to build the motor.

It's a Street Hemi spec cam for a small block....always wanted to hear that thing!

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>