Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Your Jeep Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New in Washington state

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike in oregon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep. 2018 at 2:17pm
Hello Mike and welcome to the madness. Great looking jeep.  When you get that thing up and runin You will have to come down here to Oregon for the Spring Fling we have every year.
MIKE IN OREGON
President of Oregon Flat Fender Club.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Oregon-Flat-Fender-Club/222864787838570

46 CJ2A 38007
46 CJ2A 79863
BANTAM T3-C 25314
Mike F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep. 2018 at 3:09pm
I will do that. Just when and where is this spring fling thing.
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep. 2018 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by Mike F Mike F wrote:

I think so. Is that what those are for. Just went out in the dark to check. Yep they are there. Also has straps to roll it ip

I stopped using the straps after I acquired the snaps for the top bow.  I don't like the scratches the straps put on the window.
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
Mike F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct. 2018 at 2:28am
Decided to change the color. Spent a day removing green paint and applying blue paint. So today I started putting things together. Got the tappets in and the cam. Clearance looks to be .005. Went on the the crank. Started looking into installing the rear main seal. Seems the best bet is a rope seal.  Of course I have a lip seal. I don’t own anything that doesn’t leak oil but I’d like to. I decided to order a Best rope seal so putting the crank in is on hold until probably Wednesday. So I went on to getting the valve hardware ready. I said to myself. Self you need to watch out or you’ll lose one of them valve lock things. And you’ll never find it. Turned out to be one of them self fulfilling prophecy’s.  So a couple hours later after things were all cleaned up I quit looking for it.  This where I ended the weekend

tomorrow I’ll look into the oil pump. Was hoping to have this engine ready to swap in next weekend. Might still make it. 
Unkamonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct. 2018 at 2:44am
Good luck with everything. We have had this discussion before. You will be down on the garage floor searching and will find the part you were looking for a few weeks before. It looks like a Soft Tail. My Harley leaked too.
uncamonkey
Mike F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct. 2018 at 3:01am
I find the best way to find something I’ve lost is simply to replace it. It will immediately and magically appear. 01 deuce.
Unkamonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct. 2018 at 3:34am
Originally posted by Mike F Mike F wrote:

I find the best way to find something I’ve lost is simply to replace it. It will immediately and magically appear. 01 deuce.
I understand it. I was tearing down a part of a ambulance awning at the hospital and my Sawzall died. OK, I found things to do until lunch and I went out and bought another. I got back to the job and my first one works. My brother got a new Sawzall for Christmas.

Edited by Unkamonkey - 01 Oct. 2018 at 3:36am
uncamonkey
mike in oregon View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike in oregon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct. 2018 at 4:14am
Mike it is at my place in Fall Creek Or. just outside of Eugene. We usually have it the end of May or the first of June. We will set the date after the first of the year. Here is a link so you can check it out.  https://www.thecj2apage.com/FORUMS/2018-oregon-spring-fling_topic41900.html
MIKE IN OREGON

46 CJ2A 38007
46 CJ2A 79863
BANTAM T3-C 25314
Mike F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct. 2018 at 4:41am
Ok mike it’s a date
Mike F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct. 2018 at 5:17am
New motor goes in in the morning. 

We’ll See if this was a good buy or not. Cleaned everything. Honed cylinders new rings and bearings. Has a bolt on the cam. And two different shades of blue paint. If it will run and isn’t cracked somewhere it was. 
mike in oregon View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike in oregon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct. 2018 at 2:59pm
Lookin good Thumbs Up
MIKE IN OREGON

46 CJ2A 38007
46 CJ2A 79863
BANTAM T3-C 25314
Mike F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct. 2018 at 5:47am

Got started this morning 
Took all day to get the old one out.  I guess I’m not as speedy as I once was. Looks like I need a new throw out bearing and a spring. Won’t get them till Tuesday or Wednesday. Swap parts over to the new motor tomorrow then wait. Ring gear is pretty torn up. Need to find out why. 
Mike F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct. 2018 at 4:11pm
Well it’s a brand new day.  Unless Napa has a bearing I’ll get by with this one. Get my Bubba on and make a spring. It’s just a spring what could go wrong. I’ll have the new motor in by the end of the day. 

Here’s the ring gear. Flywheel is getting changed. Just need to figure out what caused this so it doesn’t happen again
Mike F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct. 2018 at 9:58pm
Manifolds took an hour and a half on a surface plate with 120 grit to get them this good. 

the intake is new. The exhaust is an old Willy’s part it was flatter to begin with just rough. Slowing down progress 
Gil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct. 2018 at 12:45am
Your going to have a good motor,keep up the good work and keep those pictures coming.

Giles
1946 cj2a 59108
1998 Jeep Cherokee 2 doors
2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
Mike F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct. 2018 at 2:09am
Well I’m gonna need a distributor 

this one has more slop in it than points have gap. I’m amazed the PO could even get it to run. Said he had a lot of trouble with it 
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct. 2018 at 2:31am
I have’t used them yet, but I hear these guys are good at fixing them.

Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
Mike F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct. 2018 at 2:39am
Originally posted by smfulle smfulle wrote:

I have’t used them yet, but I hear these guys are good at fixing them.

Thanks 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>