Forum Home Forum Home > Other Vehicles Area > Other Vehicles - Your Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Another Cherokee (XJ)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another Cherokee (XJ)
    Posted: 19 Mar. 2019 at 10:40pm
March 15th I was given a Jeep. They probably donated it to me because they felt bad I was driving a 45 year old vehicle

It is a 1994 Cherokee Sport. 4.0, 5 speed manual and 4x4 one owner Jeep.   I know some are thinking how rare it is to have a manual in a 4 door Cherokee, it is not. At least to me. This is my third XJ and all three were manuals. ( one AX-5 and two ax-15's)   ( The guy that bought my CJ7 years ago had two of them, have a friend with a 2x4 and I know of two or more in town with manuals, not rare in my world.)

It does have 275,xxx miles on it and almost all original. ( Told the clutch is original )

So far I removed all the interior to clean it out. Lots of coffee was spilt and a dog with white fur was a frequent passenger. I also "rebuilt" the drivers door handle. Spring was broken making it difficult to unlatch.
Also had to grease all door latches. I took the drivers side out and cleaned it of grime, The other three will be removed soon and cleaned as well.

So far I know it needs: ( not in order of importance)
Clutch
Drivers door window regulator
Speakers
Trans or engine mounts
Tires
Shocks
Told a seal in the transfer case is leaking

I will be degreasing in and checking brakes and suspension.

I'm happy I will be getting close to 20 mpg

Edited by berettajeep - 27 Apr. 2019 at 3:57pm
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar. 2019 at 12:11am
I'd have taken it too.  Good deal. 

A year ago I saw an ad in Craigslist for a Cherokee with a 5-speed.  Guy only wanted $2K but I couldn't justify it.  I shoulda tried harder to convince myself.
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar. 2019 at 5:06pm
Removed the bug guard on front and pressure washed it Friday after work.
mike in oregon View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike in oregon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar. 2019 at 1:01pm
Where's the pictures ?
MIKE IN OREGON
President of Oregon Flat Fender Club.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Oregon-Flat-Fender-Club/222864787838570

46 CJ2A 38007
46 CJ2A 79863
BANTAM T3-C 25314
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar. 2019 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by mike in oregon mike in oregon wrote:

Where's the pictures ?

Here it is at work.

Mike F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar. 2019 at 6:23pm
Looks good Dennis.  I like the color

Edited by Mike F - 27 Mar. 2019 at 2:35am
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike in oregon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar. 2019 at 1:30am
That is nice, My grandson Nolan is getting his 93 all fixed up as he turns 16 in June.
MIKE IN OREGON

46 CJ2A 38007
46 CJ2A 79863
BANTAM T3-C 25314
Flatfender Ben View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flatfender Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar. 2019 at 4:29am
That looks nice. 
I like the color as well.
1946 cj2a desert dog
1946 cj2a bulldog
1948 cj2a blue jeep
1953 cj3b yard dog
1955 willys wagon
1955 willys pickup
1956 willys pickup boomer
1960 fc 170
1968 jeepster commando
1990 Grand wagoneer
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar. 2019 at 2:21pm
Thanks guys! I like that it is not red. Original owner told me they know of only one other blue one in the area.

Now to plant a money tree LOLConfused

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar. 2019 at 12:15am
Let us all know where you get the seeds for that money tree!  Big smile
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr. 2019 at 9:08pm
Changed the oil last night. The place the previous owner had it changed before I got it put the oil filter on way to tight, had to put a pry bar through the filter. Even then it was difficult to remove.

Sadly ( or happily) it was the place I used to work at. ( One of the reasons I no longer work there)

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr. 2019 at 8:59pm
Ordered a bunch of parts for it that needed help. Clutch, trans. and engine mounts, wiper linkage bushings, stabilizer links and an all important cupholder .

Also a valve cover gasket and breather tubes. It leaks oil in the air filter box and being a known problem I found the "factory" way to stop it from happening.

Hopefully it will stop raining when I get these parts because this week has been rainy.
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike in oregon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr. 2019 at 1:54am
Sounds like you got your work cut out for you Dennis. I hear ya on the rain I got 3-1/2 " in 2-1/2 days and all the lakes around here are at full capacity and they have the spill gates open. Our creek is higher then I have ever seen it.
MIKE IN OREGON

46 CJ2A 38007
46 CJ2A 79863
BANTAM T3-C 25314
Mike F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr. 2019 at 3:57am
It’s that April showers bring May flowers thing guys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr. 2019 at 3:00am
Not to mention that it always rains there.  Unhappy
Mike F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr. 2019 at 3:34am
Originally posted by Ol' Unreliable Ol' Unreliable wrote:

Not to mention that it always rains there.  Unhappy

Oh it does not. Just this morning from 8:00 to 8:15 it didn’t rain at all. Things were starting to get a little dusty. But then the drought was relieved. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr. 2019 at 4:25am
Originally posted by Mike F Mike F wrote:

Oh it does not. Just this morning from 8:00 to 8:15 it didn’t rain at all. Things were starting to get a little dusty. But then the drought was relieved. 

LOL  LOL  LOL
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr. 2019 at 4:42am
Excited to get back to work, as I had a bunch of parts waiting for me!  Would have started replacing items but it was raining when I got home LOLCry  Now hopefully everything I ordered is correct replacement for the Jeep. Sucks when you order a part and then you find out the factory changed the design mid year.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>