Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

BLOCK REPAIR?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Greaser007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greaser007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BLOCK REPAIR?
    Posted: 26 May 2019 at 8:11pm
Jim,

I haven't a clue of that divet, but even tho butt-ugly, and the engine runs happily down the road, you're good-to-Go !

You could try sending a photo to Jimmy Strauss through his webpage, and ask him to have Norman give you an opinion. I am sure they see lots of strange stuff come into their shop.
Oldpappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 6:01pm
Could be a casting flaw, but could also be an old school style repair of a crack, which was to drill and tap a hole at the end of the crack, plug it with a bolt, and then grind and braze to seal the crack.

Scratch off some paint and see if you find brass.
jeepsterjim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeepsterjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 3:47am
Thanks Stan

I guess I own a butt ugly blockLOL
Jim
CJ-2A - 81299
47 deuce alpha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 47 deuce alpha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 3:36am

Here are three pictures of my 2A, might be able to see what you are looking for. It looks some different, yours doesn't really look repaired, maybe just an abnormality in the casting.
1947 CJ2A 90419
1947 CJ2A 127735
1949 Ford 8N
1955 Kaiser Willys Pickup
Half the distance takes you twice as long.
jeepsterjim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeepsterjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 6:29pm
Hello
In the area of the motor block where the coil bracket mounts, there seems to be a block repair done. 
OR is this normal?
I don't have another block to compare it with.

Jim
CJ-2A - 81299
 Post Reply Post Reply