Forum Home Forum Home > Buying, Selling or Trading > Wanted to Buy
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Half cab window hardware

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJLMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Half cab window hardware
    Posted: 28 Aug. 2019 at 4:29am
Hi, I haven't posted much on the forum as I am just getting into working on CJ2a's. I picked up this 47 with a half cab (Sears?). Unfortunately the doors do not have windows or any of the hardware to hold the windows. Does anyone have the hardware for one of these cabs by chance? Even a picture of the hardware would be helpful so I know what I should be looking for. I would like to find some and get some windows before winter hits here in Montana. Thanks for any help!

Nick
NJLMT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJLMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug. 2019 at 4:30am
Sorry about upside down pics?

Edited by NJLMT - 28 Aug. 2019 at 4:32am
Stev View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug. 2019 at 1:49pm
NJLMT,

I think I have an extra set of doors and perhaps windows.  They need some love.  

If both of your doors have the window side channels (base on the pictures) and the bottom stops like in the picture on both doors - all you need is the glass holder and the glass.

This weekend I will see if take a few pictures. 

Stev

Stev
1946 CJ2A Trail Jeep (The Saint), 1948 CJ2A Lefty Restored
NJLMT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJLMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug. 2019 at 4:37pm
Great, thanks! I would definitely be interested in the glass holders and glass. The doors I have look to be in pretty good shape. Look forward to hearing from you.

Nick
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug. 2019 at 4:10am
I have an aluminum hardtop with doors that look like that.  It is a Meyer Snowplow Co. top.  Maybe yours is a Meyer.
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
NJLMT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJLMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug. 2019 at 5:10am
Thanks, I wasn't sure what brand it was. I like the looks of it, part if the reason it came home with me sort of unexpectedlySmile
berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug. 2019 at 5:23pm
I have doors like that but not nearly as nice ( and not upside down TongueLOL)  I ended up making my own hardware rail using aluminum and plexiglass for the windows. Not pretty but they function.

Maybe you can find someone local to fabricate something up?

Good luck on your search.
Steelyard Blues View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelyard Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug. 2019 at 3:01am
No markings on the top, so I'm not sure who made it.

1947 CJ2A 106327, Engine J109205, Tub 97077. Luzon Red

https://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/steelyard-blues_topic41024_post397981.html?KW=micah+movie#397981

1965 Johnson Furnace Company M416 #6-1577
NJLMT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJLMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug. 2019 at 7:55am
Thanks, the top is in really nice shape. Wish I could say the same for the rest of the body lol. Sounds like some of the members might have some around!
NJLMT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJLMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug. 2019 at 8:00am
Those look like the ones, thanks for the pic! If you are interested in selling those pieces I would be interested. Those look too nice to part out though!
NJLMT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJLMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep. 2019 at 1:05pm
Hi Stev,

Did you get a chance to check out those doors to see if you had those glass holders and windows? Thanks

Nick
NJLMT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJLMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar. 2020 at 8:38am
I just thought I would post this again as I'm still hunting for the window hardware for my half cab. I'd love to find some originals if possible. If not I may have to see if I can get something fabricated as was mentioned in a previous post. Thanks!

Nick
 Post Reply Post Reply