Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Modifications from original
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Snowback Build

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Memphis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan. 2020 at 12:15am
So guys updates, and a little help before I make a mistake. I decided my axle width will be 58" WMS in the front. I will not be outboarding the leaf springs. I will be building a passenger drop HP44 to bronco width. 

From my measurements the front diff housing "side to side" will almost fall in place of the OE Dana 25.
Bronco short side shaft is 18.32" which is almost identical to a chevy short side at 18.33"

Running a longer inner on the right side will push the housing over a touch but I won't have to weld to the cast housing to mount my leaf spring unless someone has some suggestions for that?

If a Narrow Track Dana 30 is a bolt in affair I have the following specs:

Bronco Long Axle 27.94" Short Axle 18.32"  58" WMS
CJ NT   Long Axle 27.02" Short Axle 14.14"  53" WMS
Scout   Long Axle 32.91" Short Axle 14.78"  58" WMS

So by that rough math I'll be 2.5" wider per side than a narrow track D30. The diff housing will be tucked into the frame more by approximately 2" I would say? Whereas if I narrowed to scout width the housing would be under the frame rail? Does that make sense?

I'm worried my driveshaft will hit the transmission or oil pan but I don't have it mocked up to check.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12