Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - August 2020 What did you do to your Willys today?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

August 2020 What did you do to your Willys today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: August 2020 What did you do to your Willys today?
    Posted: 03 Aug. 2020 at 3:22pm
Birthday party jeep rides for all! LOL

- Don't Let The Fatherless Ones Grind You Down -
- I like them stock, survivor's with original paint are my favorites -
Oldpappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug. 2020 at 3:43pm
Finished installing a "Tiger Top" yesterday. One I have had in my garage for more than 30 years, but still like new.

Next up is seat cushions now that I have a top on it. I have new canvas covers, and NOS springs for the bottom cushions.

If you can't get there in a Jeep you don't need to be there!
berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug. 2020 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by ggordon49 ggordon49 wrote:

Birthday party jeep rides for all! 

Awesome! When will you be in Oregon?
64CJ5 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64CJ5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug. 2020 at 8:41pm
Got the engine finished and ready for a test run.  Still have the hood to get in place and tools to pick up and put away. 
64CJ5 "Eeyore"
01TJ "Tigger"
52 M38 Severely demilitarized, "Popeye" The Coast Guard Jeep.
14 JK "Jake"
To Trust Government Defys Both History and Reason.

PUBLIC LAND Owner/User
jeeper50 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeeper50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug. 2020 at 9:21pm
Removed 4 rail road ties from the side of the house retaining wall, used my jeep's winch to drag the ties about 100 ft to my scrap area, total of two pulls and the ol Belleview finished it up pronto! New 100 amp alternator worked great. I realized when done I didn't take any action pics. 

Belleview ol skool winch soon.
'48 CJ2A 283 V8 sm 420 granny low, tera low D18, overdrive,lockers

Texan at heart,Alabama by retirement

64CJ5 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64CJ5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug. 2020 at 12:35am
Finished getting Popeye to gather.  Timed then retimed, adjusted alt. belt to take the squeal out at start up, tightened the hose clamp on the bottom of the radiator.  I need to get some miles on but think it is good to go.      
64CJ5 "Eeyore"
01TJ "Tigger"
14 JK "Jake"

PUBLIC LAND Owner/User
Lefthander View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lefthander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug. 2020 at 2:03am
Made a console for my willy. Used a 50 cal ammo can & removed all the hardware. Made a tight wood box to fit over the can & added a cup holder.
Victor, 1946 CJ2A Chevy powered
AKA Garage Rat
ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug. 2020 at 12:00am
A buddy gave me an extra siren he had. So I painted it, and mounted it on the Air Raid Warden jeep.

1948 CJ2A - It goes nowhere fast, but anywhere slow.
JohnB View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug. 2020 at 4:39am
Installing a rebuilt '47 fuel pump on a '47 jeep - rebuilt by Scout Pilot. Can't wait to run it tomorrow!
nofender View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nofender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug. 2020 at 10:23am
got my driveshafts from Tom Woods. Rear installed quickly and was perfectly made. Went to install the front and realized I had the wrong yoke on the front axle. Don't know how I missed that. But I did. I'll have to search the bin. Pretty sure I have the correct one somewhere. 
46 CJ2a rockcrawler
46 CJ2a - 26819
46 Bantam T3c "4366"
47 Bantam T3C - 11800
68-ish CJ5
ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug. 2020 at 11:08am
Originally posted by JohnB JohnB wrote:

Installing a rebuilt '47 fuel pump on a '47 jeep - rebuilt by Scout Pilot. Can't wait to run it tomorrow!

I got one with the priming lever from him last year.  It works great. I love having the priming lever for when it sits for a while.  It makes starting so much easier. I did replace the glass bowl gasket with a felpro gasket for a better seal.  I also have a rebuilt WO from him. It runs great. 
1948 CJ2A - It goes nowhere fast, but anywhere slow.
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug. 2020 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by nofender nofender wrote:

got my driveshafts from Tom Woods. Rear installed quickly and was perfectly made. Went to install the front and realized I had the wrong yoke on the front axle. Don't know how I missed that. But I did. I'll have to search the bin. Pretty sure I have the correct one somewhere. 

I had similar results a couple years ago,   rear worked great,  but issues with front.     The yoke would fit the axle,  but the driveshaft was much larger in diameter,  and would not clear the Dauntless drivetrain.   I still have the Woods driveshaft in the box,   and running the homemade shortened CJ-7 shaft.  

This reminds me I should probably do something about that.
eestes1 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eestes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug. 2020 at 2:03pm
I mowed close to a fence row by offsetting the brush cutter. Worked fine once I learned just how offset it was and quit hitting fence posts and trees!
Tongue

Edited by eestes1 - 06 Aug. 2020 at 8:06pm
Rick Estes
Okeydokey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okeydokey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug. 2020 at 5:36pm
Yesterday I got around to installing electric wipers on my 47 2A. They have been on my shelf for 9 years. Glad they worked, the warranty expired 8 years ago, if there was even one issued.
I remember when I was a kid my dads 38 Plymouth had a manual operated wiper on the passenger side. Dad said he would put a vacuum operated unit there for me. Then WWll came along and he sold the car. After the war he purchased a brand new Oldsmobile and that baby had everything! Well almost( no gps, air conditioning, backup camera, CD player, Blue tooth , ect) who even knew what those terms were? Simple life. A screwdriver, half inch and nine sixteenths wrench and you could fix anything. Oh yeah I did have a blue tooth after I got hit in the mouth by a line drive to third base. 
Oldpappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug. 2020 at 6:57pm
What an unusual coincidence. 

I just walked in from working on my 47 CJ2A. What I did was remove the electric wipers and toss them in the trash. One didn't work at all, the other just barely worked. There may be better made electric wipers than the few I have tried over the years, which probably all came from the JCW catalog. None of those lasted very long.

I am going with Vacuum wipers on mine. 
If you can't get there in a Jeep you don't need to be there!
csmit328 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csmit328 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug. 2020 at 10:16pm
Over the last few days I have rebuilt some of my steering bits and tie rods/ends, full fluids change, and I made some windshield blocks to get rid of the abominations that were put on there by the PO. 
64CJ5 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64CJ5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug. 2020 at 10:42pm
Well Popeye needed more tweaking.  Probably three hours of leaning over the fender and again I think he is ready to go.  Should be cooler after supper and we will put a few miles on.  
64CJ5 "Eeyore"
01TJ "Tigger"
14 JK "Jake"

PUBLIC LAND Owner/User
Okeydokey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okeydokey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug. 2020 at 3:28am
I installed a fuel pump with the priming level a couple years ago. Really helps startup especially after the jeep has set for a time. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>