Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Your Jeep Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A forum for the new year!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin
Admin
Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote russnj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A forum for the new year!
    Posted: 08 Jan. 2008 at 2:16am
I thought it might be a good idea to setup a forum to post pictures and progress on their jeep project, so they don't get lost in the the other forums. Let me know what you guys think, I will start moving some posts, let me know which ones I have missed.

Russ

43 MB, 48 CJ2A, 50 CJ3A, 55 M38A1, 56 CJ5, 79 M151A2, M100 ,65 M416
p3ferris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote p3ferris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan. 2008 at 3:46am
Sounds good Russ
That is a big plus for someone starting or stuck on their own project and do not know where to go to next.  Also will show how to do a certain thing that they may have no idea how to start.
Ed
cj2a lefty
missadventure View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missadventure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan. 2008 at 11:08pm
I think this is a great idea. I think it should be stressed that updates should be put in the original thread rather than a new thread started for each update! That way everything is in one spot and easy to track and find. I've seen boards that try to do this and it's just a jumbled as any other topic and hard to keep track of what all has been posted by a specific user.

The way I picture this working the best is... rather than move over old posts... new posts should be started and the post should be titled with the user's name. This would make it easy to go see a specific user's projects and progress. Maybe specify type of vehicle after name for those that have more than one project (ie MissAdventure - 46 CJ2A would be mine).
For all that data that is already on here... maybe that could somehow be copied into the new thread? Or at the very least, put a link to the original thread

just my .2
1946 CJ2A / 1942 GPW "FrankenJeep" - 66963 body, 25334 frame
1996 XJ lifted on 33's
2001 TJ lifted on 33's
Mike Gardner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Gardner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan. 2008 at 12:01am
cool i'm glad i saw this befor i tried to start a thread and look stupid lol.
1945 CJ-2A 11713
1995 YJ 4.0
Longhunter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan. 2008 at 9:33pm
Very good idea! AND I like the idea about everyone posting updates in the thread they started. That way you can see a project go from start to finish.
Bravo!!

Mike

Stay tuned for my '46 (#49667) project to start soon. I gotta get that MB out of my shop first but parts are piling up even as I write this!!

Mike in Mississippi
2006 Jeep Rubicon
1946 CJ2a #49667
1946 Bantam T3-C #7909
1 UNDERSTANDING Wife

"2 wrongs don't make a right but 3 rights will make a left".... Gallagher
F Bill View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote F Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan. 2008 at 4:07pm
Is there any way to limit picture size so those of us who have slow connections can actually read the post the same day we open it? Wink

Large pics are nice, but when you have looked at a post ten times already waiting for the larger stacks of pics to load is pretty annoying. Once a post gets to multiple pages you can just go to page two, and that helps a lot.

This from a guy who gets his 2A page fix on the road in truck stops and rest areas, or at the library in Coleman, TX.

If you haven't checked out the tech FAQ section, go to:
http://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/tech-faq_forum57.html
for a lot of great stuff you need to know!!

Mike Gardner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Gardner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan. 2008 at 5:03am
thats a good idea. we (me, i) should keep posting pics down and use links to help out those w/ slower connections.

sorry if i post big pics. i get all excited.Big%20smile
1945 CJ-2A 11713
1995 YJ 4.0
Keith.Tracy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith.Tracy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct. 2008 at 4:04am
Just tierd of seeing Mike's name at the top of the forums.
mderick25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mderick25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr. 2011 at 4:05am
I've always thought that it would be a motivating thing if folks could have a place to keep track of their projects, almost a challange with others
seeing what others have done over the week and then comparing them to your progress, comparing challenges, and solutions would be totally cool.
JakeOh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JakeOh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug. 2013 at 4:17pm
Hello, Newbe here,  There is to much accumulated stuff in the forum.  Should be a way of condensing each project to the basic progress.  Replies and kudo's are good but in trying to read a bunch of projects and get good info is difficult and not where the good points show up.  Pictures are great!
 Post Reply Post Reply