Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

09 Spring Reunion Questions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samcj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb. 2009 at 5:01pm
Chad, thanks for all the explanation.  You are correct about my intentions.

Smitty Kid, did you find what you needed? My first post was directed at Smitty Kid who has not responded. 

Curt, I was abrupt with you because after Smitty Kid asked his question, and after I told him where to find an easy answer to his question, you popped up with another question on the same topic that was answered just by looking under the heading that I referenced for Smitty Kid.   There have been approximately 20 views of that thread between last night and now.

Shows and get togethers

New Topic Create New Topic Show Topics < id=show =ShowTopics name=show> < value=0 ed>Any Date < value=1>31 January 2009 at 10:14pm < value=2>Yesterday < value=3>Last 2 Days < value=4>Last Week < value=5>Last Month < value=6>Last Two Months < value=7>Last Six Months < value=8>Last Year Page < id=pageJump60211.38 = name=pageJump> < value=forum_topics.asp?FID=3&PN=1 ed>1 < value=forum_topics.asp?FID=3&PN=2>2 < value=forum_topics.asp?FID=3&PN=3>3 < value=forum_topics.asp?FID=3&PN=4>4 123 4>
  Topics / Topic Starter Replies Views Last Post Reverse Sort Order
Announcements
Hot Announcement
7 5431 By sean
05 May 2008 at 11:54amView Last Post
Forum Topics
Event: 12 March 2009 - 14 March 2009
1 60 By RichardD
29 January 2009 at 11:19amView Last Post
Event: 15 May 2009 - 17 May 2009
0 54 By willysreunion
28 January 2009 at 10:34pmView Last Post
Topic
2 78 By Chip Austin
28 January 2009 at 6:59amView Last Post

I thought that surely someone would at least try to find the thread that I was talking about, but, apparently not.   I actually watched in the Active Users page for a period of time to see if anyone would go there.  The only people who did were other lurkers who were following this thread.  Also, those same lurkers came to this thread, and, figuratively speaking, shrugged their head and went on to other topics.  In doing so, I took it that they did not feel compelled to provide the immediate answers to the questions asked, and, instead, tactily acknowledged that enough information was already provided.  I could be reading way too much into what was going on in peoples' minds, but I think not.

Finally, if either of you (Smitty Kid and Curt) had replied that you had looked but still were not able to find the information, almost all of us here would have replied with what was requested.

Peace.
Sam

1946 CJ2A   15292 ACM    6678

1947 CJ2A 122031 ACM 111989

Are Glass Bowl Fuel Pumps OE?
Smitty Kid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smitty Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb. 2009 at 5:16pm
I found it.  Sorry for not responding.  Smitty
I LOVE JEEPS !!!!!!
Night0wl View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Night0wl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb. 2009 at 2:29pm
I started this post to ask some questions about the reunion that I didn't know about.  Of course they are the kind of questions people don't want to ask for fear of looking dumb.  Oh well.  I will have to say though that there are times when it is just easier to ask a question and try and get a quick answer instead of searching for it.  I have learned how to search for things over the past serveral months.  At first I couldn't seem to find what I was looking for.  Now I use the Advance Search more often and I tend to get what I need.  If I can't then I post the question.  Still yet some of the threads are a couple of years old or so, and there may be others who have more input to share about a topic that may not have been around a couple of years ago to add to the original post discussion.  Could you imagine what it would be like reading a post about some one making top bows three years ago and then comparing it to Jpet's famous gazillion page top bow thread now?? 
Just some thoughts.
I am still trying to sort out some things so I can go to the reunion.  Something major has come up and it may not be possible but I am sure gonna try.
Night0wl
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose" Jim Elliot
45 CJ-2A
My Project
westforkboyd View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote westforkboyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb. 2009 at 6:03pm
Gone for a couple days and came back to Bizzaro 2A page!

Sam is Roc and visa versa.. Hard to keep track of youse guys anymore. Hope its straightened out by reunion time.

WFB

'48 CJ-2A #184135 Lefty
'49 CJ-2A #219719 Mule
'39 Ford 9N
'55 Oliver Super 55 Ollybelle
samcj2a View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samcj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb. 2009 at 6:08pm
Careful there, Allen.  LOL
Sam

1946 CJ2A   15292 ACM    6678

1947 CJ2A 122031 ACM 111989

Are Glass Bowl Fuel Pumps OE?
mrkringles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrkringles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb. 2009 at 2:57am
I haven't seen the agenda yet but I thought it might be fun to find a country diner near the area that we could drive to on Sunday morning for breakfast.  Maybe a 10 mile trip?  Anyone interested?

John
1946 CJ2a (Finished)
1953 Willys Truck (Finished)1954 M38a1 (In progress)
tony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb. 2009 at 3:07am
Originally posted by mrkringles mrkringles wrote:

I haven't seen the agenda yet but I thought it might be fun to find a country diner near the area that we could drive to on Sunday morning for breakfast.  Maybe a 10 mile trip?  Anyone interested?

Great Idea, as I know the area, I will check whats around....
mrkringles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrkringles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb. 2009 at 3:03am
Tony,
I talked to friend from Mason today and he recommended the following restaurants.
Breakfast Club in Lebanon
Paxtons in Loveland
The Pancake House in Montgomery

We will need to know how many will make the run so we don't over run one of these Mom & Pop places.

Edited by mrkringles - 07 Feb. 2009 at 3:04am
John
1946 CJ2a (Finished)
1953 Willys Truck (Finished)1954 M38a1 (In progress)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123